Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,218   Online: 941

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Another pro lab bites the dust - filmwise!

Meteor (Troy, MI and Atlanta, GA) as of May 31 discontinued all film processing and optical printing services. They have gone to digital processing only - yes, they do print RA-4 on a Lambda. There are still 2 pro labs left in the Troy, MI area that do E-6 and C-41, but I still hate to see a top lab abandon the market segment.

Time to start doing my own E-6?

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With any luck they have an auction for all that useless equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    Meteor (Troy, MI and Atlanta, GA) as of May 31 discontinued all film processing and optical printing services. They have gone to digital processing only - yes, they do print RA-4 on a Lambda. There are still 2 pro labs left in the Troy, MI area that do E-6 and C-41, but I still hate to see a top lab abandon the market segment.

Bob
    Didn't the one in Atlanta bite the dust a couple of years ago? I ask because I used the Atlanta facility for 15 years, then moved to the Miami area only to find they had closed their 11th Street Atlanta address.

Darr
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Images
    Folks gotta eat, I guess.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    With any luck they have an auction for all that useless equipment.
    When I pick up the very last roll of E-6 tomorrow, I'll ask if anything is for sale.
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    Didn't the one in Atlanta bite the dust a couple of years ago? I ask because I used the Atlanta facility for 15 years, then moved to the Miami area only to find they had closed their 11th Street Atlanta address.

Darr
    They still list Atlanta as a location. They did go through changes a few years ago when the original owners sold out to a UK company, then about a year later some key managers got together and bought it back. Atlanta was the last location in the company to print Ilfochrome.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Meteor was bought out by Photobition. Photobition got into money trouble and sold the Troy shop back to the original owners. There was a time when Meteor was as good as any lab in the contry. This was back when Detroit had an agency presence second only to NY NY. As the auto industry went so went the work.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Bob
    Well if you are in Atlanta you can still use E-6 labs, a much better lab than Meteor or Photobition (I always hated that name).
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They still list Atlanta as a location. They did go through changes a few years ago when the original owners sold out to a UK company, then about a year later some key managers got together and bought it back. Atlanta was the last location in the company to print Ilfochrome.

Bob
    Thanks for the info Bob.

Darr
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Well if you are in Atlanta you can still use E-6 labs, a much better lab than Meteor or Photobition (I always hated that name).
    I used E-6 Labs a lot when I was in Atlanta for 15 years. The school where I attended (Portfolio Center) and the school I taught at (Southeastern Center for the Arts) always sent students their way. It's nice to know their still in business. I'll be up in ATL this summer visiting friends in Virginia Highlands and I'll go visit them. Thanks for the info.

Darr
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin