Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,324   Online: 803

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodak Warned Off

I don't know if anyone else got an email like I did, but it came a day or so ago. The gist was "Thank you for being interested, but we are not going to make it available for commercial production." Read it below,

"Thank you for your email on the technology described by Kodak Research representative Paul Gilman at ICIS '06.

The purpose of Dr. Gilman's presentation, ÔÇťA High-Speed Direct Positive Photothermographic System", was to share information on an innovative technology and to showcase its potential. Eastman Kodak Company invents and evaluates many technologies annually for possible commercial applications. However, Kodak does not have any plans to make this technology available in a commercial product.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Terry"

ISO 24,000 is dead. Long live Delta 3200.

Drew
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." --John Milton

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter." --Unknown missionary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Myself personally would think that ISO 24,000 would be an interesting oddity, but for the life of me, can not figure out what I could use it for, I would much prefer to see Kodak continue to make products that the mass majority of us can use..

Just my opinion.

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ╠t's really strange that they didn't recommend Tmax 100 as a good sustitute, as it seems to be their policy for every product that they dont make anymore.
    Luis Miguel Casta˝eda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muihlinn
    ╠t's really strange that they didn't recommend Tmax 100 as a good sustitute, as it seems to be their policy for every product that they dont make anymore.

The ISO 24,000 IS TMX

The suggested developer, however, is a D76 variation requiring the crystalline form of dilithium.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad that Delta 3200 is just ASA 800.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    Myself personally would think that ISO 24,000 would be an interesting oddity, but for the life of me, can not figure out what I could use it for, I would much prefer to see Kodak continue to make products that the mass majority of us can use..

Just my opinion.

R.
    Scientific photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jason314159
    Scientific photography.
    Sounds good to me, but how many of us, practice this form of photograhy...

Just curious and just my .02

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get me the film in 120 and I'll find a way to burn 5 rolls at a sitting.

24000iso Please!

Hand held low light shooting. Not scientific, and never explored like it could be with this film. Hand held Macro photography, 1/3000 exposures w/o strobe...

God help me this shit could rule.

It may not be a model T, but it sure as hell offers something digital or current film can't touch.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331

Just my opinion.

R.
    Available light, astrophotography with resonable shutter speeds, etc. I could go on and on. But I know many people here were interested and sent emails. I was just curious if any of the others got this same warning off.

As for Delta 3200, its the closest I can come at this point.

Drew
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." --John Milton

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter." --Unknown missionary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracotype
    Available light, astrophotography with resonable shutter speeds, etc. I could go on and on. But I know many people here were interested and sent emails. I was just curious if any of the others got this same warning off.

As for Delta 3200, its the closest I can come at this point.

Drew
    Okay Drew,

I was just curious, I have made my living with a camera for over 25 years now and done a heck of alot of available light photography, myself personally thought it was over kill, but as I said, that is just me..

R.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin