Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,497   Online: 1153

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

On the hunt for the last of the AGFA APX 400 somewhere

Hi everyone, some of you will know I've been an agfa girl from way back.

Well, I thought I'd put it out there and see if there's any last remaining AGFA APX 400 (35mm & 120mm) available anywhere? Have you seen any stores around with a couple of rolls left on the shelf?

If you can help, please PM me.

Kindest regards
    Nicole

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicole, if you don`t mind ordering from the US, B&H has plenty APX 400 in both 35mm and 120.
    And the "new" Rollei Retro 100/400 is APX emulsions, Rollei bought the last master rolls from Agfa.
    Amund

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Freestyle Photo has a shed-load of it along with a lot of Agfa papers.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicole, Schreiber Photographics had more than few boxes of Agfa in 120 and 35mm at the last photo flea market. In fact he had more like cartons of the stuff.

I was in Schreibers a few hours ago but wasn't looking for anything like that.

Phone: 03 9570 9355
    Fax: 03 9570 9344

Address: 730A Centre Road Bentleigh East, Victoria

Eddie Schreiber himself has always been an Agfa person, despite working for Kodak for quite a few years before setting his own business up.

If there is any in Australia he may know.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Australia VANBAR PTY LTD

159-165 Cardigan St.
    Carlton, VIC 3053
    0061-3-9347-7788
    0061-3-9347-0407
    service@vanbar.com.au
    www.vanbar.com.au

They should be able to deliver the Retro 100/400 in 35mm and 120 rollfilm.

Otherwise we can send you a 2 kg package with Retro films for Eur. 11,75. We can not guarantee an X-ray free package, so for the Retro 400 it can be 'tricky'.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Retro Photographic (http://www.retrophotographic.com/) are advertising that they still have it.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's wonderful news everyone, thank you very much. Kindest regards, Nicole

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will sent you some samples Rollei Retro 400 to:
    P.O. Box 2240, Churchlands 6018, West Australia

by airpack slow post. Hopefully they will arrive this year . Use one test film to check if they are not fogged due to X-ray treatment. It's your reward for the chicken card you send me for Eastern.

Best regards from the Netherlands,

Robert

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its interesting to observe how the current German market seems to be flooded with APX-100 and especially APX-400 materials in 35mm. AgfaPhoto seems to have coated films to the last moment and the liquidators are moving tons and tons of it into the market. Even the large DrogerieMarkt (DM) chain has now added APX-400 to its shelves--- a film that was NEVER on offer (before Ilford Germany went bankrupt and shut down they used to carry FP-4+). Its seems as if many Agfa film (including Scala in 120 format) are oozing out of the cracks in the sidewalk.... prices are very low. DM is charging, for instance, around 2,50 EURO a package (including 16% VAT).. and many of the other films are being sold through channels at price levels a fraction of where they were before the big swoooosh..
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa APX 400

Hi Nicole, I saw a few packs today, maybe 12 per pack, 35 mm APX, from memory a pack each of 400 & 100. A small photo retailer in the back streets of Nth Fitzroy, Melbourne. I'm pondering returning to get the 100 ASA, although I'd rather it in 120 or 5x4. I guess they'd mail it to you, or I could if you are keen. The business is called Photo Resource, Rae St., Nth Fitzroy.
    I don't have their number handy. If you can't find the phone number, PM me and I'll write back to you.
    - David.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin