Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,614   Online: 1194

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Film in Canada

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, Freestyle has some films in their clearance area with enticing prices. Of particular note: Arista Pro 50 (rebadged Ilford Pan F+) 100-foot bulk spools for US$11.69 and Fujicolor Super G 100 100-foot bulk spools for US$9.99. The Arista Pro 50 is 4 months past date, IIRC (I just got two bulk rolls today and tucked them into my freezer). The Fujicolor is also past-date, but I don't know by how much. At those prices, you could buy a bulk loader and some reloadable cartridges (or pick some up from a 1-hour lab to recycle them) and come out ahead with just one or two bulk rolls. I don't expect the Arista Pro 50 would be noticeably bad at only 4 months past date.

It looks like Freestyle offers both USPS/Canadian Parcel Post and FedEx shipping to Canada. As I live in the US, though, I can't offer any firsthand experiences with Freestyle shipping to Canada.
    Last edited by srs5694; 06-09-2006 at 11:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Fix link

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Vistek.ca is my fav for film. Order over CDN $100 and shipping is free. Also, if you don't live in Ontario, you don't pay PST.

If you're looking for something more local, maybe Lens and Shutter in Victoria could help you out.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for Freestyle,

I typically buy in larger quantities, so I find that Freestyle is a pretty good deal. I last ordered some of there 'clearance' Arista Pro which was Delta-100. I also picked up 20 rolls of Fomapan 100. I find that if you buy in a largeish quantity, right now, with the CAD so strong, the deals are good.

I've also used Photoco in Montreal and Henry's in TO. Photoco has very inexpensive shipping. Henry's has higher prices, and higher shipping, but I've found that they always have what I want and are lightning fast in the processing and shipping and their customer service is excellent.

Just my $0.02

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Downtown Camera in Toronto as rolls of Agfa Silvertone 400, 24 exposures for $2.50 or something like that.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin