Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,113   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just bought a second analog machine for spare parts... AU $800, , just have to work out out to transport the 400 Kg beast!
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx1 View Post
    But do you actively advertise that you can and will do optical prints? Because if you don't there is no wonder there is little business for it

We are not a professional lab, but a 1 hour type lab. People that are aware of the old machine always ask for it to be done on the new one- since it produces better results. To be honest we hate using the old machine. We don't advertise because there is no one requesting it from our customer base.

Now I'll ask- does anyone have a mask and lens for 6x7 format for the Noritsu 2102 machine?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    Guys, sorry but you're too late ;-) ! Last September purchased Troup & Pluto Studio's (in Canton OH) entire line of analog equipment, including some rather finicky, but very analog 1 hour photo machines that have Schneider lenses and run the full gamut of film formats from disc to 6x7cm. The prints they give (up to 5x7) are as good as or BETTER than what I got with the enlarger and trays, so I am thrilled by them. I'm doing some disc film orders now (apparantly $4.50 to reprint a disc of 15 is a lot more pallatable to people's wallets than *$30*), and working on proofing a wedding, but after this is done, I am going to try very hard to cater to fellow purists by offering full scale mail orders instead of just doing disc and 110 film. The chemistry is relatively cheap, but you need to run a lot of film through it to get really good economy and maximal use from it. I'm in Cleveland Ohio, and am going to be starting full scale service by the middle to end of July. There are currently two kinks that need to be worked out and then I am going to go full service. What I like the most about the KIS machine is that the film processor utilizes a mechanical arm to process the film rather than continuous feed processing which almost completely eliminates scratching during processing.

Regards,

~Karl Borowski
    Are you willing to post info about your current disk/110 services? I have an old disk from the 80's with one photo (the only one that I cared about from the whole disk) that the lab didn't print. If I can find it I'd love to send it your way for printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I am planning to open up a minilab. I would certainly have a digital machine as the capability to print from a digital file is a must for the lab survival. However, I certainly would get a used optical printing machine to serve film shooters. I believe there are enough film shooters to make it profitable. One thing is important that these photographers must realize that the digital printers really short change their image quality. I have talked to many, and many think the digital printers do a better job.
    What do you think?
    Are you talking about the printers that scan the film to print it on a Lightjet, I thought thats the way labs have done it since the early 90's?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin