Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,591   Posts: 1,545,960   Online: 1270

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In Japan, they have had ISO1000 APS one time cameras for 2 years and the latest is ISO1600 35mm lineup.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji is the big seller at Walmart. How much did they have to bend to get the Walmart account?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    George: I think it's cool that the name Fujifilm is getting visibility. However, it's not really an effort to promote film by Fuji, it's simply a corporate branding effort. The legal company name is Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. Fujifilm is likely a legal dba for the company, and is obviously a trademarked name that is a shortened name.

Let's go Blue Jays!
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Fuji hasn't had a strong film advertising presence in the US for sometime. However, this is not the case in the UK. For example, here is a tidbit I picked up in Outdoor Photography (UK):

"Light & Land Together with Fujichrome and Calumet present an exhibition of landscape photography at Calumet. July 19th - August 31st 2006. 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Saturday. www.calumetphoto.co.uk"
    They were advertising Provia on the back of AP last year, havn't seen any ads since, don't know if that is a good idea or not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Fuji hasn't had a strong film advertising presence in the US for sometime.
    Hi Robert,

Although I use mostly Kodak products, I have noticed nothing but Fuji film advertsing. For example: They've had inserts in PDN for the last year showcasing film and film photographers - a magazine for mostly commercial photographers, and they had a strong film presence at Photo Plus Expo - where the vast majority of the content is digital, software and computers.

Compared to Kodak, these are two examples more than what I have seen from Kodak. Ironically, it's Kodak's 'film is dead' contraversy that has generated more advertising and publicity than anything else!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered 20 Rolls 120 Neopan400 immediately. Advertising helps !

M.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin