Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,464   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Fuji actually advertising FILM !

All,
    I just finished watching a rather lengnthy commercial from Fuji on the release of their new 'disposable' film camera. 1000asa color film !
    Granted, they still had to put in there that 'it can be converted to digital files with ease'. But I found this of interest.
    I wonder if this film will be available ? I really wouldn't have a use for it; but it would be interesting to see.

www.quicksnap1000.com

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I am glad to see them putting some corporate energy into a film-based product.

I'm wondering if they are not making a new emulsion at all, but either using their 800 and rating it 1000, underexposing it a fraction of a stop, or using their 1600 and overexposing a fraction of a stop.

The target audience for this camera will not be technically savvy, and probably won't know the difference between ISO 800, 1000, and 1600, except for the universal concept that bigger must be better.

You also have to consider that very few images from these cameras will ever be printed larger than 4x6" and seldom subjected to any degree of scrutiny.

I had an interesting conversation with a retail store manager during the holidays last year. He said that sales of both the disposables and the "reusables" (throw-away cameas that could be reloaded) were very strong.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fuji hasn't had a strong film advertising presence in the US for sometime. However, this is not the case in the UK. For example, here is a tidbit I picked up in Outdoor Photography (UK):

"Light & Land Together with Fujichrome and Calumet present an exhibition of landscape photography at Calumet. July 19th - August 31st 2006. 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Saturday. www.calumetphoto.co.uk"
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Now if they would only make 5x7 and 8x10 ACROS 100 and 4x5 in non readyloads. That would be something and I would use that film exclusively! For 120 to me it is just the best!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    Now if they would only make 5x7 and 8x10 ACROS 100 and 4x5 in non readyloads. That would be something and I would use that film exclusively! For 120 to me it is just the best!
    You better check THIS then!

Lachlan

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Thank you for the link. I had no idea they made it in 8x10! Wow....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    Thank you for the link. I had no idea they made it in 8x10! Wow....
    But sadly it`s extremely expensive, if they had sold it in a 50 sheet box, it would be $265...
    Amund

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Fuji hasn't had a strong film advertising presence in the US for sometime......
    Hi,

I cannot speak for all media advertising - but here's a little tidbit. My wife and I have an 8-game ticket package for NY Yankee home games. On the fence, b/w the home dugout and home plate is a FujiFilm sign (in the classic green). Now it is just a small sign - I imagine that advertising real estate in such a prime location is costly. But that is the point. Everytime a batter is up and there is a shot over the pitcher's head - there is FujiFilm!

Oh, BTW, this is NOT one of those "rotating" signs that carry different advertisements at different times. Cannot say if the TV "digitally superimposes" other ads but I can say the FujiFilm has claimed and remained in some prime NY advertising real estate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've noticed also that disposable cameras are still selling well. Hmm..... wonder if there is a market for an 8x10 disposable pinhole camera!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Being their home market there are alot of advertisements for Fuji Film here including one using Yoko Ono, but you never see anything for Kodak at all. I have seen an Ilford advertisement in one Japanese magazine. I see a fair amount of ads for Fuji Film, but very very few now for thier digital lineup, which they use to advertise alot.

Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin