Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r-s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that info, I will see if I can buy any of that paper! I've been trying to find a supply of backing paper for my Kodak Monitor (I can "bulk load" 70mm film (when I can find any!) but backing paper is the fly in the ointment; I have a scant few rolls that I've resigned myself to sacrificing (they're "collectable", IMO) for their paper).

I want to use this camera, because it has the beautiful (uncoated) K.A. 135/4.7 lens (basically an uncoated Ektar). I bought the camera on the cheap, to cannibalize it for the shutter (I need to find a cheap #2 Supermatic for my barrel-mount 203/7.7 K.A. (again, the uncoated version of the Ektar "cult lens", which I stripped out of my old "Pako 45" printer, as I recall) -- but, the camera was such a beaut that I could not bring myself to tear it down.

Yes, it would be nice if it had a rangefinder (what was the deal with so many cameras in the 30s and 40s being sold with excellent lenses and "guess focusing"?), but, I've got an uncoupled rangefinder I can stick in the shoe, plus, I expect most of my exposures to be at infinity.
    Last edited by r-s; 10-30-2006 at 03:04 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Roll Film Backing Paper

For those of you, like me, still insane enough to contemplate rolling your own roll film, I just spoke to Patti Griffith at Cartoon Color, the supplier of Exeter Paper that many have indicated to be suitable for roll film backing paper. It seems they have one 400 foot roll, and "when it's gone it's gone." She didn't think it was still being made. So all you roll-it-your-owners may want to stock up. I just bought 20 feet (by 26in), should keep me going a long while. I'm going to use it with 70mm film to reactivate my Kodak Autographic 1A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    Are you sure that you need it? 220 film has no backing paper.
    Not strictly true, 220 roll film has backing paper on the beginning and the end of the roll.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin