Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,540   Online: 941

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Fujichrome Mailers to go to Dwayne's

I've been shooting Fujichrome for quite a while and have always used their mailers for processing.

I just got this notice with my latest batch of slides....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not surprised. I think we are going to see more consolidation in the future for film processing. Personally, Calypso Imaging gets all my E6 work.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So now I only need to make up one address label, whether it's Kodachrome or E6!
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    So now I only need to make up one address label, whether it's Kodachrome or E6!
    Hi Earl (Trius),

Yes, as Monty Python would say:

"Always look on the bright side of life!"

BTW: I'll let you pass word on to our old friends on the other channel - I'm not allowed there anymore.

Regards (and where's my cheese? ).
    George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    I've been shooting Fujichrome for quite a while and have always used their mailers for processing.

Is that PO Box 637 or 837?

Thanks for the heads up....I usually send a batch of 8-10 rolls at a time, had them ready to send to az or wherever it was....I hope Dwaynes stays in business. I also noticed the price of A&I mailers on B&H took a jump in price, at least from what i recall. Tom in Seattle

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    Hmmmm ... interesting.

Dwayne's does a very good job with Kodachrome. I may just try them when I next shoot E6 film. Although I seldom shoot it, when I do I take it to a local lab that does daily runs of E6 processing, and I have no complaints. (It is very convenient to drop off over lunch and pick up on the way home.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    we've been dropping off our chrome film ( 35mm ) to sam's club who ships to fuji who ships to dwayne's for the better part of 10 years now ..
    i can't complain about their quality or service at all.

r-s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been told that Walmart and similar outlets will send their Kodachrome to Dwaynes, but only charge something like $4.77 a roll, which is damn hard to beat. (The only reason I haven't used that service myself, apart from not living near a Walmart, is that I have beat the price, by stocking up on a pile of mailers at a price that would make a peach blush. When they're gone, I'll be off to Walmart. I've also got a pile of A&I mailers I bought for Kodachrome processing, but only got to send them a dozen rolls or so before they threw in the rag. [insert sound of few remaining hairs being pulled out])

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just got back three rolls from Dwayne's/Fuji mailers. There were all scratched and had tons of dust. I'm kinda pissed cos I just bought 30 of the mailers. Kinda shitty QC, if you ask me. Most of the slides had at least three to four long horizontal scratches and major dust spots/scratches.

IT

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by r-s View Post
    I've been told that Walmart and similar outlets will send their Kodachrome to Dwaynes, but only charge something like $4.77 a roll, which is damn hard to beat.
    It's $4.88 for a 36 exp roll and 3.88 for a 24 exp roll. for both E-6 and K-14.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin