Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,334   Posts: 1,537,507   Online: 1094

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Some Fuji film/paper will be discontinued

Sad news.

I know that products listed here are only available in Japan, but many of you who purchase them from Megaperls would like to be aware of in advance.

Fuji has announced that they will discontinue some of producuts including B&W film/paper bellow.

B&W films

Neopan ortho film 4x5 (Sep, 2006)
    Neopan SS 35mm in 30.5m (Mar, 2007)
    Neopan 100 Acros 35mm in 30.5m (Mar, 2007)
    Neopan 400 Presto 35mm in 30.5m (Mar, 2007)
    Neopan 1600 Super Presto 35mm in 30.5m (Mar, 2007)

B&W papers

Fujibro Panchro WP FM3 paper in all size (Mar, 2007)
    Fujibro Rembrant V F3/G3 in all size (Mar, 2007)

This news is from a prolab.
    http://www.nationalphoto.co.jp/1F/051213_discon.htm
    (Japanese page)
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko
    Neopan 100 Acros 35mm in 30.5m (Mar, 2007)
    Neopan 400 Presto 35mm in 30.5m (Mar, 2007)
    Neopan 1600 Super Presto 35mm in 30.5m (Mar, 2007)

(Ironically, I got this news while spooling a just such a Fuji 1600 roll)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko
    B&W papers

Fujibro Panchro WP FM3 paper in all size (Mar, 2007)
    Fujibro Rembrant V F3/G3 in all size (Mar, 2007)
    I didn't realise they made a panchromatic printing paper. Is that an RC paper?

What is it about the Rembrant V paper, I understand they used to make it in two "default" grades, does this mean the discontinue only grade 3, while grade 2 remains available?
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just did a goggle search and found that Neopan Presto 400 & 1600 film = Neopan 400 & 1600. Does this mean that my "NEW" choice of B&W films will be toast by March ???

Perplexed

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Do you use the 100ft roll? Maybe they will continue producing the 100ft roll for the North American market. If you use any other size, you should be fine.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Too bad if this is true. I have 40+ rolls left in 120 Neopan 400 and was thinking of getting it in 35mm on rolls. I am not sure I want to buy a pile of stuff that's going to be discontinued in the near future. I guess this means that the 35 mm films will only be available in canisters, which (probably) has better profit margins. Typical - just as you get something you like it goes away. Okay, I'll get some Ilford rolls next time. See if they stick around a while longer.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I see no point in using the long rolls as long as cartridges are available. I am sure others didn't, either. So the rolls didn't sell. At least not in Japan. We have no information yet if this affects any other market than Japan.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the majority of the photographers that used to buy 100ft rolls are pros and a lot of them transitioned to d…and the big rolls are selling very slow. IMHO.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dolande
    I think the majority of the photographers that used to buy 100ft rolls are pros and a lot of them transitioned to d…and the big rolls are selling very slow. IMHO.
    It could very well be that way. I prefer bulkloading, it's easy and saves me a bunch of money that I can spend on papers and chems. Given the savings, it's strange that it doesn't sell better.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once again our choices have become more limited. A pox, I say, a pox on digital photography!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin