Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,818   Posts: 1,581,647   Online: 804

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nova Darkroom in the UK

I hope this is in the right place.
    Has anyone else noticed that Nova's website seems to have more dead end links than active ones just lately ?
    I have used them in the past and found them to be good, cheaper than firstcall on some things but not others with excellent delivery/service. Just a question on a night when the sun outside is defeating my blackout in the room I use as a darkroom come study.
    Last edited by digiconvert; 07-16-2006 at 02:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Speeling mosteaks
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert
    I hope this is in the right place.
    Has anyone else noticed that Nova's website seems to have more dead end links than active ones just lately ?
    I have used them in the past and found them to be good, cheaper than firstcall on some things but not others with excellent delivery/service. Just a question on a night when the sun outside is defeating my blackout in the room I use as a darkroom come study.
    My experience is that it has always been like that, a bit of a mess. Fortunatly there are plenty of other suppliers with web based ordering facilities to choose from.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NOVA is a well-run outfit if there ever was one.

True, they have branched out into other areas of imaging, but they remain committed to quality analog service. As their Spain-based distributor, I can say that their response has always been timely.

If in doubt, fire off an email and I'm sure they'll be able to clear up any concerns.

As a side note, let me say that their new print catalog for 2006 is both thorough and readable...

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Nova quite a lot. Yes the website isn't as slick in places as it ought to be at times but the brochure is very good. Nova will send you one if you ring them. My experience is that the parts of the website where they are very competitive such as Ilford 10 x 8 RC multigrade usually work well. Their secondhand darkroom part of the site works well.

Their darkroom expert is Stewart Band who is very helpful. If you are looking for advice then check which day he is available and ask for him by name. Their postage and packing charge( one price no matter how heavy) and delivery time take a bit of beating if you are ordering more than say one pack of paper and if it's an enlarger or something of similar weight its incredible.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the website make sure that you have the "proper" home page. to make sure click on "home page" at the top of the left hand side. I found that sometimes if you dont do this none of the links to other pages work.

I find them to be a very useful and knowledgeable outfit who I keep telling to start sponsoring APUG on the home page!

they have very keen prices on b/w film and paper, amongst other things.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I didn't intend to give the impression that Nova's products are no good; just that their web site is very poor. I use their paper developer because it works well, and is very long lasting and economical. However, as some one who cannot make time during the working day to telephone my material orders, it is those suppliers that take the trouble to run efficient web sites able to accept credit card transactions that get the bulk of my business.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nova have always served me very well. Best think to do is to down load their catalogue and phone though orders. I'm certainly with Dave wrt their print developer - it seems to last forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Nova a few times, always by visiting them.

They always seen half soaked, or in language others might understand poorly organised. In saying they do have the occasional star member of stff who is really helpful.

But they are quie expensive and buying from Berlin is far cheaper and the post to the UK is actually faster :-)

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin