Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,000   Online: 1106

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    When I open a new box of Delta 100 8x10 (notice the plug Simon) I immediately drop the 25 sheets on the floor. Then while picking them up I only pick up 24, or sometimes less if they've slid under the counter.

The beauty of this method is I don't feel guilty for not cleaning my film holders.... the junk is already on the film.

Actually 26 sheets for the price of 25 seems the way to go Simon.... keeps everyone happy except the shareholders (and there are none), shows that you're listening to the customer, and we all know how important that is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Just to let you know I had a word with the Chairman and Managing Director, and he thought it was a great idea, so the 'Atherton' box goes to the board for approval next tuesday ( 25th ) if its approved, lots of things to sort out after that mostly packaging related, but certain checks have to be made, so its likely to be some time before its available, this also needs final confirmation but it looks like the extra sheet will be free....

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott.
    Personally, I would like to see an Ilford equivalent of Ready Loads.
    Oh yes please! Not sure what to call them though, readyload and quickload has already been taken, how about BetterLoads? Don't bother with all the costs of creating a new holder, just make sure they work in a polaroid holder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb
    Oh yes please! Not sure what to call them though, readyload and quickload has already been taken, how about BetterLoads? Don't bother with all the costs of creating a new holder, just make sure they work in a polaroid holder.
    As Polaroid goes, you may well be able to buy the packaging plant free of charge and get the people with it...
    If single packaged film fits a polaroid holder, I'll buy ! (but needing to have a Kodak holder AND a Fuji holder is too much to bother !)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

Just to let you know I had a word with the Chairman and Managing Director, and he thought it was a great idea, so the 'Atherton' box goes to the board for approval next tuesday ( 25th ) if its approved, lots of things to sort out after that mostly packaging related, but certain checks have to be made, so its likely to be some time before its available, this also needs final confirmation but it looks like the extra sheet will be free....

Ilford must be a very responsive company. It takes me longer than that just to get a standard expense voucher signed... and I consider my company to be fairly responsive. Good going, Simon!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Fuji sells sheets in 20 sheet boxes. I guess that's for people that only have 10 film holders instead of 12...

12 holders - is that an English measurement hold over? So that should be like a USA only size. Since the rest of the world is metric, they should be loading 10 holders so a 20 sheet box may serve them better...

But seriously, I would really like to see Ilford films in Quick/Readyload compatible packets. I would probably switch over to FP4+ or maybe HP5+ for B&W if they did. So here's another vote for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

Cool! - for the record I've used Ilford (FP4, HP5 and ID 11) since I was 11 or 12 (too many years ago..) and we blacked out our kitchen in W. Yorkshire and my Dad taught me to develop and print film :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin