Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,209   Online: 1234

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell

Kodak has recently consolidated Catalog Numbers. One catalog number, for each product, worldwide.
    Where is this info posted? I called Kodak Canada and they have no info on their system stating TX 400 120 is going.

Quote Originally Posted by kb244
    Looks like you might need to find a good online buddy outside of the AUS to send you some rolls on occasion.

But point is, its not "discontinued" just not being imported into AUS anymore, just like I learned that several makes of Fuji's black and white film wasnt gona be available any more, tho the magic word was 'in japan'

As far as the 320 vs 400.

ISO 320 is Tri-X Professional
    ISO 400 is your standard Tri-X

Honestly I think you could develop both the same, and that not much difference other than one being rated slower.
    These are two very different films
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    im glad its still around, i shoot tons of this stuff. id always just bought the single rolls because thats what the shop had but buying 5 roll packs isnt a problem as long as they don't raise the prices...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Today I went to order more TriX film for my fast dwindling stocks of Agfa and TriX and was greeted with the info from the store that TriX 400 in 120 has been discontinued and is no longer available within Australia.

Right now I'm hoping that someone can prove me wrong.

I'd really appreciate any factual information on this.

Please avoid any assumptions, accusations or flaming.

Thank you
    Kind regards,
    Nicole

You belived that, I would ignor what you hear in stores, I remember people telling me that somone in Jessops said "oh they'll be stopping making film in a few months"! LOL

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just log on to Free Style and they are still listing Kodak TX400 at a price of $2.99 per roll don't know about shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas
    im glad its still around, i shoot tons of this stuff. id always just bought the single rolls because thats what the shop had but buying 5 roll packs isnt a problem as long as they don't raise the prices...
    That would be true - except for the fact that when rollfilm is discontinued the single rolls are usually gone from manufacturer inventory before the multi-roll propacks.

Kodak may have discontinued the stuff altogether in 120 and this is just unsold inventory.

Having said that the oh-so-provocative statement - I haven't heard anything about Kodak discontinuing 120 B&W films of any kind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 120 single roll is available for 400 Tri-X, its US part number is 879 0180.
    320 tri-x is sold only in 5 roll packs, US part number 862 8729. I got this off their web site. They don't have anything about it being discontinued far as I could tell by searching their web site. They also list it as being available in about 50 different countries including Lebanon. But they only listed European and African countries in the list. Maybe you ought to try to email Kodak Australia and see what they say.

James,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That part number (879 0180) for TX 400 in the above post has been discontinued. There is a new part number for this film now under: Cat# 196-5599. A call to Kodak Canada produced this info. I tried the new number on Kodak's site and it doesn't seem to produce any listings, but another call to a camera store confirmed they are also using the new number for ordering TX400 120 in single boxes. That 5 pak number listing in these threads is only for TXP 320 which is not the same film. That film is more for controlled lighting indoors in the studio, while TX 400 is for outdoor use and indoors with flash.

http://www.adorama.com/KKTX120U.html

That link above shows Adorama using the new number which is in effect. I'd ask the store in Australia if they can order it under the new number.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by braxus
    That part number (879 0180) for TX 400 in the above post has been discontinued. There is a new part number for this film now under: Cat# 196-5599. A call to Kodak Canada produced this info. I tried the new number on Kodak's site and it doesn't seem to produce any listings, but another call to a camera store confirmed they are also using the new number for ordering TX400 120 in single boxes. That 5 pak number listing in these threads is only for TXP 320 which is not the same film. That film is more for controlled lighting indoors in the studio, while TX 400 is for outdoor use and indoors with flash.

http://www.adorama.com/KKTX120U.html

That link above shows Adorama using the new number which is in effect. I'd ask the store in Australia if they can order it under the new number.
    If you go buy Adorama web page the TRI-X 400 number for USA film made for international use is TX120I.

http://www.adorama.com/KKTX120I.html

The 196-5599 number is for USA made film for sale in the USA.

Anyway whichever number is right the film is still available in single packs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Suddenly I can't get Tri-X in 220 any more. Dont know about 120. HP5 is still there, but again not in 220.

David.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin