Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,223   Online: 807

Thread: kodak in canada

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

kodak in canada

I just talked to they guy at my local photo store, and he says they are selling off all consumer kodak products because kodak wont ship consumer to canada.

Is this true? what have you heard about it?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765
    I just talked to they guy at my local photo store, and he says they are selling off all consumer kodak products because kodak wont ship consumer to canada.

Is this true? what have you heard about it?

M

What do you find on the floor behind the horse ?

Call Kodak.

http://wwwca.kodak.com/CA/en/corp/ab...0.1.6.15&lc=en

d
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My local Henrys just got stocked up with Kodak film so for now they are still shipping.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It is kind of true... your local independent store probaly can't buy direct from Kodak like he can from Ilford, or most of the other distributors.
    He has to buy from a re-seller like Treck-Hall. There's a couple of them out there. Anyway by the time the re-seller adds their margin to the product it's no longer competitive with a large store like Henry's that can buy direct.
    I know when I called Kodak to see if I could get sheet film to sell at my on-line store the lady who answered the phone just kinda laughed and gave me the number of a re-seller.
    when I contacted the re-seller to buy the film the mark up was so high I could buy it retail cheaper than I could get it wholesale.
    Finally I was able to work a deal with a store that could still buy the film direct.
    It's a weird way to run a business when people can't get your products.... yet profits are down.
    go figure.
    Rob Skeoch
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin