Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,326   Online: 1162

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Freestyle Pricing

I buy a box of Foma paper from them for 116 bucks. Great paper by the way. The very next week, I get their new catalog showing the same paper has dropped to 70 bucks. I'm mad and happy at the same time. Mad cos I want some money back, happy cos it'll be cheaper from now on. Stock up while you can.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would call them and see if you could get a credit.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well, I called and they were more than happy to issue a credit. Great customer service, I must say.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    that's why i keep buying from them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it wasnt $50US to get my stuff shipped to Australia from them I'd buy as well, but It's nice to sit and paw through their catalogue and dream...one day, one day...
    I havent even found another place that stocks Foma products, very impressive store.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath
    If it wasnt $50US to get my stuff shipped to Australia from them I'd buy as well, but It's nice to sit and paw through their catalogue and dream...one day, one day...
    There was another thread recently where it was announced that Freestyle's added new shipping options for non-US customers and for customers in Alaska and Hawaii. I don't know if you've checked pricing before or after this change or how much of a difference it would make, but you might want to investigate. You might also see if you could find some other people locally with whom to split an order; that might help bring down shipping costs on a per-item basis.

I havent even found another place that stocks Foma products, very impressive store.
    In the US, JandC stocks Foma products, and B&H offers them on a special-order basis. (I once bought some Foma paper from B&H; it arrived one day after the other items I bought from them at the same time.) B&H ships internationally, but I've no idea what it'd cost to ship to Australia. Another source is Fotoimpex in Germany. I believe they ship internationally, but I don't know what it'd cost to ship products to Australia. (Fotoimpex and JandC are partners, FWIW.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That reminds me, their $1.99 35x36 TMax400 deal is pretty darned good - cheaper than I can bulkroll

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, a very imformative response to my passive complaining! I only checked freestyle at the start of the year, so I'll give it another go now, and check out fotoimpex and J&C *thumbs up* thanks very much

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have bought and shopped Freestyle for over 30 years and they have always been great to do business with. They are one of the fresh breaths in the photo market place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath

g'day Fleath,
    i too am frustrated by the high cost of shipping, where in Australia are you, maybe we could get together and order a load of stuff, may be we could find others nearby

as for locally available products, try Newdark in Newcastle, NSW, i've dealt with them for many years, they ship to anywhere in Oz, unfortunately their suppliers cannot fill orders for materials not now readily available in this country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin