Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,541   Online: 832

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a f/1.8 50mm and it suits me fine, though I'm always happy to see more lenses on the market. Lens makers are coming out fine from this popular analog > digital changeover I guess, shame kodak never had awesome optics.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Kodak Commercial Ektar and Wide Field Ektar lenses were pretty good and widely used in their day. The first Hasselblad lenses were made by Kodak. The Kodak Medalist Ektar is one of the best medium format lenses of all time.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I stand accurately corrected! Best to remember how young I am sometimes, I haven't owned a kodak camera bar a couple brownies I've played with, but have always had a canon around somewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In response to my email concerning the lack of mention of film EOS cameras in the new release, this was the reply I received today from Geoff Coalter:

Lee-
    I understand your concern, and thank you for taking the time to write to me. Allow me to say, that Canon certainly supports the customers who have purchased our film cameras, and we continue to develop lenses and accessories that work on all EOS bodies, film and digital. In fact, you may have noticed in that press release, there was a push toward "full frame" digital SLR cameras, which give a more accurate viewfinder, and a look and feel closer to that of 35mm film.
    So again, we apologize for not adding anything about film in there - You guys remain the backbone of our photo business, and the next release I write for an EOS system product will certainly mention film based EOS cameras. Thank you again for pointing that out, and have a great day!

Geoff Coalter
    Public Relations Associate
    Canon USA
    One Canon Plaza, Lake Success, NY 11042
    Voice: 516.328.4288 / Fax: 516-328-4889
    gcoalter@cusa.canon.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    That was a good response. The man seems to have found the right position at Canon.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    In response to my email concerning the lack of mention of film EOS cameras in the new release, this was the reply I received today from Geoff Coalter:

Lee-
    I understand your concern, and thank you for taking the time to write to me. Allow me to say, that Canon certainly supports the customers who have purchased our film cameras, and we continue to develop lenses and accessories that work on all EOS bodies, film and digital. In fact, you may have noticed in that press release, there was a push toward "full frame" digital SLR cameras, which give a more accurate viewfinder, and a look and feel closer to that of 35mm film.
    So again, we apologize for not adding anything about film in there - You guys remain the backbone of our photo business, and the next release I write for an EOS system product will certainly mention film based EOS cameras. Thank you again for pointing that out, and have a great day!

Geoff Coalter
    Public Relations Associate
    Canon USA
    One Canon Plaza, Lake Success, NY 11042
    Voice: 516.328.4288 / Fax: 516-328-4889
    gcoalter@cusa.canon.com

Well at least your received a response that wasn't canned.

Just to put things in perspective - today is the first day of the US Open Tennis tournament in NYC.

Canon had a special advertisment insert in the NY Times to note the commencement of the tournament and introduce its full line of digital P&S and DSLR gear. Just in case spectators were looking for a reason to buy one...

They didn't display any of their film SLRs in the advert insert.

Shooter
    35mm
    How excellent that this 50mm 1.2 lens is going to be released. This makes me very happy, whether or not Canon's marketing includes EOS 35mm shootists. In combination with their 24mm 1.4, 35mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.2, and I am ready to rock the 1V along side my F6. Go full frame digital!
    What would Dziga Vertov do?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been waiting for the 50L to come out for a long time. I even called Canon to request one of these be made. Now that its out I'll be waiting till I can actually get the spare cash together to get it which might be 3 years! Ouch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin