Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,855   Online: 858

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFKE prices up

Shooter
    Multi Format

EFKE prices up

Hi,

I don't know if this is new, or I was late to know, but... Yesterday I saw in only shop in Sarajevo in which EFKE can be bought that prices went up.

35mm ISO 100 roll (36) was 2,2 now is 2,8 EURO, ISO 400 was 3 now it is 4 EURO, 18x24 100 sheet RC graded paper was 21 now it is 28 EURO... Other EFKE products proces went up too, those are which I remember...

As I said, I don't know if this raise of prices is only for market here and does this affect rest of the world, but I thought to let you know...

But, what is important for me is that EFKE untill now was cheapest film/paper/chemistry I could get. But, with these new prices, EFKE is more expencive for me than ILFORD... So, I don't know how good for EFKE this is, atleast in market here (former Yougoslavian countries, and Croatia, where EFKE is manufactured, is one of them).

I am saying again, I don't know if this is of any significance for rest of the world...

Regards

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Haris, it will be interesting to follow this information around the world....we heard it first in APUG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't forget that one of the reasons Ilford raised their prices was the price of silver that keeps going up.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm
    There was a recent thread about a price increase on Fotokemika paper at Freestyle in the US. I just received an order from Freestyle, and they included their usual print catalog, with a note in the front about price increases from most of their suppliers. They cited increases in petroleum and silver prices as being primary causes.

Sadly, price increases are to be expected from all manufacturers in the coming months and years, as traditional photography production scales down, losing the economies of scale it's enjoyed for the past several decades.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694
    There was a recent thread about a price increase on Fotokemika paper at Freestyle in the US. I just received an order from Freestyle, and they included their usual print catalog, with a note in the front about price increases from most of their suppliers. They cited increases in petroleum and silver prices as being primary causes.

Sadly, price increases are to be expected from all manufacturers in the coming months and years, as traditional photography production scales down, losing the economies of scale it's enjoyed for the past several decades.
    Which is why I bought Shanghai film for 25.00 for 48 sheets, including postage from China. Pat
    [SIZE=2]Shadow Catcher[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Has anyone tried the EKFE paper? If so any opinions? What does it compare to?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    J&C Nuance is Efke Emaks graded (also formerly Maco and Cachet Expo RF), and it's an excellent paper.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

As you may recall I informed all of APUG about the ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited Worldwide price rises in May 2006, the average price rises to distributors where about 6%, although some individual items went up by more than that, some stayed the same and some were even reduced, the biggest driver for us was the increasing cost of energy and raw materials, silver is a raw material and had increased and was on an upward cycle, but had not yet reached the price we are currently paying, but we did not single it out specifically. Whilst circumstances do change and we obviously reserve the right to alter our prices at any time, we are currently absorbing the higher price of silver and HAVE NO PLANS TO INCREASE PRICES WHATSOEVER before our annual pricing review which as last year will take place in March and April with implementation in May 2007.

Regards

Simon Galley : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    Has anyone tried the EKFE paper? If so any opinions? What does it compare to?
    I liked theire FB Emaks paper, mat in particular. RC paper I used had tendency for emulsion to get off base, small pieces. On every 10 to 15 sheets of paper, one sheet had small piece of emulsion to fall off. But, I don't know was that error in paper, or paper stayed too long in shop where I bought it and was too old, or I washed it too long... In any case FB paper I really liked. I now use Ilford for several reasons not quality only, but accessing reasons etc... But, I would not reject EFKE Emaks FB paper at all, in fact I would use it without second thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin