Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,447   Online: 934

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp
    One quick note. These product discontinuations were orginally announced at the same time fuji said they were stopping production of 30metre rolls a few weeks ago. Just did not get the plublicity that the film did.
    Right. The last notice was very much focused on the bulk film and certain RC papers. What came to my attention this time is that the discontinuation of the basic photo chemicals.

When I google for the search for some available photo chemicals in Japanese, I see a lot of websites and blogs talking about both neg and paper developers by Fuji. I'm assuming these products are the bread-and-butter types for many users. Oh, well...

Personally if we lose Kodak Dektol and Ilford Rapid Fixer and Wash Aid, we'll be in serious trouble. I guess B&H is calling...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Eigo de kakimasu o kudasai.

PE
    I thought it was "Eigo de kaitte kudasai"...

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo

But on each link you can see the little pictures of the products.

Again my concern was mainly on the discontinuation of the porduction of the basic photo chemicals, which came a big supprise to me because I thought they were much more stable and accessible in the domestic market and was almost starting using them on a regular basis.

But I highly doubt these photo chemicals ever get shipped out to other countries/markets. I've never heard anyone talking about them, but who knows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo

Yep. I believe you got me. Thats what comes of 2 things.

1. Old age.

2. Not using it enough.

Of course, not using Japanese often enough hardly causes the problems that old age does.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    But I highly doubt these photo chemicals ever get shipped out to other countries/markets. I've never heard anyone talking about them, but who knows?
    I've never seen Fuji B&W photochemicals or Fuji B&W paper for sale in the US. Check big retailers like B&H, Adorama, and Freestyle, and you get a big nothing. Fuji color paper is pretty common, and Fuji color chemistry is available from a few places (like Unique Photo), and Fuji B&W film is readily available, but not the B&W chemistry or B&W paper. I don't know if there's some obscure importer that sells these items, or what the situation is in South America, Europe, Australia, or elsewhere. Megaperls exports some of these items from Japan to just about anywhere, but I've never bought from them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whether a Fuji product sells in the US or Timbuctu is irrelevant. The important thing is that they are discontinuing them.

This is a sign of the times.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker

Oil shock, global warming, terror attacks, and this. Death is coming and it is very near. :o
    And just yesterday I read in newspapers meteorologists forecast limited ice-age in near future...

Shooter
    35mm
    Just noticed this thread. The links show Fuji's current line of B&W products, and some have 'this product will be discontinued March 2007' appended to their descriptions.

I was surprised Fuji is dropping Fujidol-E, its PC film developer. I used to use it quite a lot,and know many who still do. Very good results with TMax and Delta films. Had a good reputation. Also Super Prodol-L, a PQ liquid concentrate much like TMax developer. Some of the sheet film developers are also going, although I don't think that's a great loss. Unfortunately, they are keeping Super Prodol, a PQ film developer I've never liked, although it seems to have its fans (if you like S-shaped film curves, this is your developer). Very different from the similar sounding Super Prodol-L above.

Not surprised many of the paper developers are going. But they are keeping their PC paper developer.

As for film, the long 35mm rolls are going. Also Neopan Ortho (available only in 4X5). Surprised that HRII Minicopy film is hanging on.

Many of the graded RC papers are going, including Panchro for making B&W prints from color negatives. But the graded RC and FB papers are safe (for the moment). Fuji RC papers are not very popular here. Most professionals prefer Ilford and the late Agfa.

Actually, I've wondered for years how Fuji could continue to market much of this stuff.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Are they going to discontinue Acros 100 in 120 and 35mm format? I cant read the text but I see a picture of the film on that page as well as Neopan 400?

Thanks,

Kev

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    Are they going to discontinue Acros 100 in 120 and 35mm format? I cant read the text but I see a picture of the film on that page as well as Neopan 400?

Thanks,

Kev
    Only the bulk films (30.5m) of Neopan Acros 100 and Neopan Presto 400 and Super Presto 1600 are going to disappear, but the regular ones will survive, well at least for now.

I just got a new used 6x9 press camera, and I need 120 film rolls also on a regular basis. There are usually very few choices for that format. So, if Fuji kills more products, it will kill me, too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin