Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,199   Online: 849

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

The list of "soon-to-be-discontinued" stuff by Fuji in Japan

Next year, Fuji will stop their production of many darkroom photo products in the Japanese market:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/mono.../chemical.html

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/film/monochrome/paper.html

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/film/monochrome/film.html

Shockingly they will cut the basics such as their (popular) paper developers, fix, HCA, etc. What will be left after that is very little.

I don't use any of the affected products, I'm okay. However, if the domestic giant Fuji is like this, I'm not sure how well the foreign competitors such as Kodak and Ilford will manage to survive over here. I'm a bit worried.

Oil shock, global warming, terror attacks, and this. Death is coming and it is very near. :o

Shooter
    35mm
    Not all of the items from these links are the affected products, but the ones with the sign in small bold letters that says so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sumimasen, ga; beikokujin wa yomukotoga dekimasen!

Eigo de kakimasu o kudasai.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer

PE
    Sorry. But there are more than a few fellow APUGers in Japan, who may to see this kind of post first for their use. Like myself, they, too live far from big cities and don't seem to have much access to cetain goods in general. They might have a lot of reliance on these affected Fuji products.

I'm not sure which ones get shipped abroad. It might be better to check with your local/regional import dealer(s) again. There was a thread on this not long ago, but that only covered the film and paper, but photo chemicals, I believe.

Anyway Fuji might be dying faster than Kodak and/or Ilford, and that is all I'm trying to say.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Firecracker,

I was just reading over the list. Strangely most of the stuff on the list are items or sizes I have never seen outside of Yodobashi Shinjuku Film Kan. Everything that they sell out here in Niigata is not even on the list. I only hope that is the end of the product discontinuations for a while. I dont use any of those products either, just the film.

At least with film, the only they are cutting for the momenet is the 30m rolls. I was in Shinjuku last week, and I actually saw people buying new enlargers, and more than 20 people inthe darkroom section at Yodobashi. So I am not sure what is happening with Fuji. The film-kan was as busy as always, one guy ahead of me bought 7 boxes of 8x10 velvia.

Not sure if it was a good day or not, but at least it did not seem to bad. Even up here in Niigata, the last few times I was buying supplies at least two or three other people were doing the same. So there is at least a fair amount of business going on. But not sure if its enough to keep Fuji going.

I have never seen any Fuji Developers or even alot of Papers for sale back n the U.S. I think Fuji has made a mistake by not exporting alot of there products. Like boxes of Acros sheet film, (they only sell quickloads), and other products. Management has made some poor choices.

Gary

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer

PE
    Precisely!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Maybe I will translate the list later. I spend 8 hours a day translating(my job), so perhaps later this morning I will do it. Too much like work......

Regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp
    Maybe I will translate the list later. I spend 8 hours a day translating(my job), so perhaps later this morning I will do it. Too much like work......

Regards.
    Arigato gozaimasu.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just FYI, Fuji has concentrated on sales of E6 compatible films, and C41 films are a secondary product. (this has no reference to quality but rather to quantity of sales)

Kodak has about 90% of the motion picture market. MoPic is steady or growing. E6 products are taking the biggest hit from digital. Therefore, apart from any government support in Japan, Fuji is taking a bigger hit than Kodak by comparison.

This has been a rather 'quiet' problem with Fuji, but they are truly mortally wounded by the change in the conventional product market.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One quick note. These product discontinuations were orginally announced at the same time fuji said they were stopping production of 30metre rolls a few weeks ago. Just did not get the plublicity that the film did.

Film sales here are still quite strong, alot of people using E6, went out shooting to a rather popular waterfall last week and over 3/4 of the people were shooting film cameras. Talked with several of them, and they were all using E6 films.

THough, I know its down from years past.

gary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin