Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,625   Online: 846

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Poor customer service?

I just want to hear if I have the right to feel poorly treated by one of the larger online photgraphy stores. Or if I`m just moaning without reason...

I ordered a big bunch of film, and a spesific paper in three different grades, one 25 sheet box each of grade 2 and 4 and a 100-sheet box of grade 3 so I have enough to test and see if I liked the paper. The 100-sheet box was listed as "currently in retail, will ship in 24-48 hours" Knowning that the verification of my CC would take 3-4 days, I wasn`t worried.

So to my surprise I got an email a few days later that the order was shipped, and the 100-sheet box was removed from the order! Had they emailed me about this, I could have changed it to 2-4 25-sheet boxes of the grade 3 instead, or chosen another paper type.....

I wasn`t too happy about this, so I sent an email complaining about it, in a polite tone. It`s been six days and no reply, basically they ignored it..

What do you think?
    Amund

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes, you do have a right to feel poorly treated. There was a time I'd have felt the same, however, I think we would both be in the minority and our voicing of those issue to vendors pretty much falls on deaf ears. This sort of thing seems to be happen all too often these days. We have all these new faster and cheaper communication tools but people don't how or what to use them for. In order to save my sanity when I deal with vendors, most of the time I lower my expectations to the point they have already been met, then I'm not disappointed.

I think with we both are going to have to "get over it".
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    I just want to hear if I have the right to feel poorly treated by one of the larger online photgraphy stores. Or if I`m just moaning without reason...

I ordered a big bunch of film, and a spesific paper in three different grades, one 25 sheet box each of grade 2 and 4 and a 100-sheet box of grade 3 so I have enough to test and see if I liked the paper. The 100-sheet box was listed as "currently in retail, will ship in 24-48 hours" Knowning that the verification of my CC would take 3-4 days, I wasn`t worried.

So to my surprise I got an email a few days later that the order was shipped, and the 100-sheet box was removed from the order! Had they emailed me about this, I could have changed it to 2-4 25-sheet boxes of the grade 3 instead, or chosen another paper type.....

I wasn`t too happy about this, so I sent an email complaining about it, in a polite tone. It`s been six days and no reply, basically they ignored it..

What do you think?
    In the future, you may want to call them to place the order. That way you can confirm that everything is actually in stock. If it isn't, you can then discuss alternatives. Ask them to call you with any problems.

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacc7
    In the future, you may want to call them to place the order. That way you can confirm that everything is actually in stock. If it isn't, you can then discuss alternatives. Ask them to call you with any problems.

Isaac
    Believe it or not, that doesn't always work. There have been two occasions I've called Freestyle to confirm a certain film was in stock and was told "Yes, we have it" only to find out a few days later, after placing the order, that it wasn't.

I don't think customer service is of very high importance to large companies anymore.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i once placed an order with a very large store, was for almost 1000 dollars, and they didn't even thank me.

i don't buy from them anymore.

There is a lot of bad customer serivce and it takes a bit of time and research to find those who do care and i have been spending my money with them.

And, to answer you question, i think you should receive a response from them, after all they have given folks the impression that they can be contacted. so your not out of line expecting some answer, the question of course is how much do they care about their customer based.

the biggest way they get the message is when stop spending our money, and i know a few dollars here and there may not mean much, but when hundreds of people stop buying it does have impact.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If at all possible, I prefer to deal with someone who knows my name; someone with whom I deal regularly. This normally means dealing with a smaller and, yes, more expensive company.

Not knowing whom you dealt with, or any history, I can't comment; but if you were buying on price alone, from a big, faceless company, well, you often get what you pay for...

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the response.
    Well, next time I have $500 to spend on film and paper, I`ll take my business elsewhere. This was my first order ever with Freestyle, and possibly the last.
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow. The times I delt with Freestyle I had no complaints. They even allowed me to add to a back ordered item while shipping out what they did have in stock. Of course this was all for film. Maybe paper is another story.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My biggest complaint is those stores who don't keep their on-line stock listing up to date, like Adorama. In this day and age, there is no reason no to do so.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Their policy for international orders is to cancel items that gets backordered, wich I was aware of and perfectly okay with, the problem is that there was nothing that indicated that the item was going to get cancelled. And the product is indeed in stock now.
    Amund

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin