Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,542   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Orthochromatic... That makes it somewhat less interesting for every day use. One could also use ortho neg. film for making slides from negatives in the darkroom. Well, this is less work and will give a different effect (black reds). Is't worth a try!
    I believe Scala was an ortho film. This new Rollie film looks like it may be exactly what I've been wanting - an b/w slide film I can afford to process.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    The Rollei Slide Direct is an orthochromatic micro based film. You can make B&W slides with the standard RHS developer.
    E.I. 25-maybe 50.
    At this time (next month) only available in 135-24 film. Rest will follow in beginning 2007.

Also new is a Rollei CN400 pro C41 film, especially made for scanning, so without the orange mask.
    Available in 135-36 and 120 roll film next month.

Also to be expected a new Rollei CR200 pro E-6 slide film. Also beginning 2007.

best regards,

Robert (Just back from the Photokina in Cologne)

I thought Rollei were all made be Maco, are these films not already availible under the Maco brand?

As for the C41 film I thought only Ilford and Kodak make that stuff, could it be rebranded XP2 like Neopan 400CN?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe they're finally doing their own?

And the color film is a color negative film, not a chromogenic B&W.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nobody is doing at it's own. Even Kodak and Ilford chemicals are both made by Champion in the mean time. It's just a matter of economic calculation and the right business partner. (In case of Rollei/Maco, Gevaert in Belgium, for these color technology films and their very nice new IR-400 film).

CN400 pro is a C41 color film indeed not a chromogenic film, see my example in this thread. Later this afternoon the first tests of the new Rollei Slide DIREKT.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dfan View Post
    I believe Scala was an ortho film...
    It is more like an orthopan film than pure ortho isn't it? It does have some sensitivity beyond green.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Leest View Post
    Hi all,

Today I got a sample (not tested yet) of a new Rollei film: "SLIDE-DIRECT 50"
    Strange thing of this film is that it is supposed to give a direct positive when developed in ID-11.
    Not sure how that is possible, but i'll give it a try.

Regards, Marc The Leest
    I can't wait to try this one out. This is what I have been waiting for!
    Any results yet?

Could this be a DR-5 killer?
    (http://www.dr5.com/main.html)

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scala was panchromatic IIRC but look forward to trying the new stuff.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

DKT

it actually kinda sounds like the old kodak SO duping films--they weren't exactly "slides", but they worked like a positive, were ortho, and you used regular developers like D76, DK50 etc. I never shot any as a camera film--always used it to dupe negs--but it was pretty slow also. Not as "fast" as 25 or 50....

btw--afaik, agfa had a similar product at one time as well as some others....so it might not be as exotic as it sounds. most of the technical use for those films is pretty much obsolete now--even though microfilm is still the big thing for document work, they use digital imagers now more & more and burn to microfilm--the optical stuff is on the way out.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by doitashimashite View Post
    Could this be a DR-5 killer?
    (http://www.dr5.com/main.html)
    I believe the DR5 lab has published that its most popular film is HP5+ because it has a wide speed range. I can't see a 50 speed film seriously competing against that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,

I have a datasheet here (German)

http://www.foto-riegler.at/pdf/Daten...IDE_DIRECT.pdf

M.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin