Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,728   Online: 880

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    According the information from Rollei it will be available in 35mm and 120 roll film. 30,5m bulk also.
    ART/LIEFERZEIT:

RSD1012 135-24 = SOFORT LIEFERBAR
    RSD1011 135-36 = ab April 2007
    RSD1001 120 = ab April 2007

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    Whats the B&W equivalent to Cibachrome?
    This link may be of help to you - http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...id=00DYm3&tag=

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I know only a way to reverse a black and white film :

first dev+bleach+clear+second exposure+second dev+fixi with washing between each steps .

There is no standard process like in E6 for coloured slides, you have to calibrate your process for each type of film, and many parameters need a serious control (first dev composition ,water quality, temperature, times......) . It's why DR5 is good, they have a stabilized and well controled process .

So
    Could this be a DR-5 killer?
    (http://www.dr5.com/main.html)
    The rollei DD is a film, DR5 is the process . If you don't have a good process, your film is nothing ;-)

For infos, Agfa in the 80's had a film named DD12 (dia-direct 12 asa ) , this film was needing the standard process i describe in this post .

If you have a look on DR5's pages, you will see that the rollei infrared give very fine results in reversal process (but personally i find this film is to expensive )
    "have a nice hat, not a pot of flowers" - Alicouscous 2002

DKT

well, the kodak & agfa films were direct b&w duplicating films. they were already reversed--the tonal scale was flipped more or less. you gave it more exposure, the lighter it got & vice versa. they were just very slow--made for duping negs either by contact or under an enlarger. the kodak was SO-339, and later on 132. Agfa I think, was P331p, although I never used it, so I'm not sure of it's exact product number....

In use--it was actually more uniform to use than you describe--it could be processed standardized in a b&w deeptank. I did this using DK50 replenished.

I actually kind of look forward to hearing about how this Rollei film works, because it could be that it would be an ideal film for making b&w dupe negs on a copystage--rollfilm & all that--especially if it was on a polyester base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Leest View Post
    Hi all,

Today I got a sample (not tested yet) of a new Rollei film: "SLIDE-DIRECT 50"
    Strange thing of this film is that it is supposed to give a direct positive when developed in ID-11.
    Not sure how that is possible, but i'll give it a try.

Regards, Marc The Leest
    Marc, did you find the time yet to test this new film?
    Future, present, past. Life, decay, death, birth. I try to catch a glimpse of history as it unfolds before my eyes, and to pass that on to future generations. I am a witness of my time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting about this colour neg scanning film, looks really nice from the example. Susceptability to grain aliasing is better than films with orange mask? Also any intention to make in 5x4........

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In Europe the Rollei CN400 pro scanfilm will be available in about two weeks (35mm and 120 roll film), about 4X5" we are not informed.

So far we understand now that the Rollei SD film will be introduced in beginning 2007. Maybe at the same time for the Rollei E-6 color slide film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some new informations

Thank you very much for your interest for the new RSD film!

The ROLLEI RSD film (Rollei Slide Direct) was produced first exclusively as a prototype, and was offered in a rather small number at the Photokina, to prospective customers. The official market launch on this film, is planned for April, 2007 (Education Season in the USA). The film sensitivity amounts to ISO 10/20. The development must occur in a POWERFUL negative developer. We have good results made with the ROLLEI RHS, dilution 1+7, approx. 10 minutes, with the ROLLEI RHC, dilution 1+4, approx. 8 minutes (higher max. Dens.) improves. The first name RETRO and 50, is to be led back on a false interpretation of a new employee, and is owed in the haste before the Photokina. RETRO stands with us for TRIACETATE. Because of the RSD, nevertheless, is poured on P.E.T. (Estar), "Retro" should not be used. The number 50 comes from an internal assessment row and might never have reached to the outside, because now the danger exists, that photographers accept the ISO value that would be connceted with the number. This is not unambiguously the case! You can see where people work, mistakes can happen, fortunately, we and our customers, before the official market launch, still have to announce time, sound information. The distribution of the RSD film will also occur about the same traders / importers, how all the other ROLLEI products from the MACO house.

With kind regards

Hartmuth Schroeder
    Director of the
    MACO PHOTO PRODUCTS

Regards
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the mean time the Rollei CN400 pro (C41) scanfilm is available in 35mm and 120 roll film.

Also the Rollei Ortho 25 films are available now. The statement about the RSD is of course correct, official introduction April 2007.

Best regards,

Robert

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin