Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,117   Online: 950

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AGFA Rumor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Leest View Post
    ** Disclaimer This is a rumour i've heard ***

What I have heard is that the paper producing factory (ex-Agfa) in France was sold to Rollei to resume production..
    Sorry, no production in France, only cuting down and packing the boxes... The paper was made in Leverkusen. Rollei has bought a lot of uncut paper and needs someone to cut it down...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd really love to believe this is more than a rumour (oops I mean rumor).
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm hard pressed to find any coverage of photokina that isnt exclusively digital, so this makes me rather curious too...It's like an E3 show where they only cover the Playstation (no other gamers among us? damn...)
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stop listening to the sales clerk at Ritz Photo.

Please.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format

Photokina news

Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    I'm hard pressed to find any coverage of photokina that isnt exclusively digital, so this makes me rather curious too...It's like an E3 show where they only cover the Playstation (no other gamers among us? damn...)
    I'm a bit tired as I write this, so it won't be long ..

I returned from Photokina to Paris on Sunday night and wrote a quite long report for the benefit of APUG forum readers yesterday (Monday) ... I posted the the thread under "Announcements". Upon clicking the "submit" icon I saw "must be reviewed by moderator" or something .. It's still not posted, which miffs me a bit, as I wrote some scoopy info, but that's spilt milk, I guess ... So, here goes again .. but shorter. .

Rollei —not to be confused with Franke & Heidecke— laid off a lot of workers
    This news, heard Saturday last, is unconfirmed.

Franke & Heidecke showed their new Tele-Rollei with a 135mm f4 Tele-Xenar with a fantastic close-focus of 1.5 meters (the 1960s model was 2.6m !) and parallax correction via a sliding ground-glass. The company seems to be healthy, but I'm wishful and a fan!

Ilford is coming out with a "world's first" : an FB paper especially designed for digital printers. Also, a new selenium toner. Simon Galley was great.

Linhof has a new, modified Master 3000 whose bed drops down lower allowing the use of lenses as wide as 38mm without vignetting. Also, there's a new dial-knob in the bed to let you focus a lens when it's deep in the housing. Lastly, you can now remove the accessory shoe to mount the camera upside-down on a tripod and therefore have no bed at the bottom of the lens (so no lower vignetting).

For Linhof's panoramic Technorama, there's the 617s III with shift. The new shift adapter offering a pretty wide shift range of 28mm. The shift adater can be used with all existing Technoramas which accept interchangable lenses.

Also for the 617 there's a new Super-Symmar XL 110mm f5.6 (75° a.o.v.),
    and a cleverly designed "lighthood" which, with an adapter, holds a Schneider 3x loupe against the ground glass and allows you to slide it along the whole width for focusing.

The Linhof M679, among several other things, has a new recessed lensboard which can take a 35mm f5.6 in a Copal and a new groundglass "s" which givves a full view of the 6x9 format and can be used with Linhof's repro system.

Kienzle Phototechnik (founded in 1879) has a neat, new print washer which has an option of introducing bubbles into the wash-stream. Reminder that they make arguably some of the best enlargers in the world and offer accessories for Focomat and Varioskop enlargers. The Focomat, if I have the story straight, was co-invented by Klatt and Kienzle . . .

Jürgen Heiland was showing his new VC head. Didn't have a chance to speak very long to him because there was a small crowd gathered around him, but the product looks quite nice and high quality, as do his densitometers and other products. I did notice a tray agitator that'll go onto my Christmas list. It looked to be an adaptation of the Heiland film-tank agitator. Great, time-saving product .. instead of leaning over the tray for two minutes, I could be exposing another print (after covering the developing tray, of course!).

Camera Bellows showed their extremely well-designed 4x5 DIY kit camera, the Bulldog. Is it well-made, too? You'll have to tell us after YOU assemble one!

Fotoman is coming out with their 612 D-Max, a multi-(medium)format camera allowing 6x4.5 up to 6x12, and right/left shift up to 25mm in each direction.
    They also showed a new, cheaper helicoid focus mount and a much improved viewer.

Bergger has two new films (size 120, ISO 15 and ISO 100); an ecological paper developer called ECL; and BERFIX, a brand-new, unique —and a bit expensive— fixer which Bergger chief, Guy Gerard, told me is "pH neutral, easier to wash out and, therefore safer" (in archival terms). Ironically, it's "specially designed" for PMK.

FotoImpex was there in full force with their large array of black & white products, including their popular Adox line. Even before the digital wave, they'd done alot to keep b&w products alive and in the mainstream. They've taken hard knocks from competitors and suppliers, so —from the customer side of things— I'd like to openly and unabashedly give them a plug: I hope you'll support this tiny company. They've supported us.

There. Hope this one gets posted before it becomes old news (unless it already is.. if so, sorry)

Cheers,

Christopher

Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 10-03-2006 at 04:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Nisperos View Post
    I returned from Photokina to Paris on Sunday night and wrote a quite long report for the benefit of APUG forum readers yesterday (Monday) ... I posted the the thread under "Announcements". Upon clicking the "submit" icon I saw "must be reviewed by moderator" or something .. It's still not posted, which miffs me a bit
    Your post did appear, but a moderator moved it to the "Miscellaneous" forum because the "Announcements" forum is meant for announcements about the APUG system itself, not product announcements or reviews:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum45/32457-photokina-2006-a.html

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format

What I have heard is that the paper producing factory (ex-Agfa) in France was sold to Rollei to resume production..
    Rollei make nothing. They are a branding company located in Berlin whose main (intellectual) property is the "Rollei brand" which gets liberally applied to an assortment of cheap Chinese digital cameras.

The Rollei film is just branded "Rollei". Its really OrWo/Forte (Filmotec) or Agfa film cut down and processed by either Forte or the remains of Tura and sold under the "Rollei" brand.

The Agfa Photo brand for cameras has, however, been "sold" and shall soon adorn cheap Chinese digital cameras.. competing with the cheap Chinese digital cameras under the Rollei, Minox (which, however, in contrast to Rollei and Agfa still make good German cameras and high end sports optics such as binoculars), Voigtlaender (which belongs to Ringfoto and is only licensed to Cosina for use in branding their Bessa camera line) and other once glorious brands.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    Your post did appear, but a moderator moved it to the "Miscellaneous" forum because the "Announcements" forum is meant for announcements about the APUG system itself, not product announcements or reviews:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32457
    Ah! Thanks alot.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Chris,
    I did see your earlier report and appreciate you taking the time to share!

Shooter
    35mm RF

No.

Sorry. Cheers. R.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin