Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,194   Online: 1203

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wratten 2 Filters

Kodak have introduced a new Wratten filter range, Wratten 2.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting..thanks for the information. I don't see my old friend the #90 viewing filter anymore (unless they named it something else).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JHannon View Post
    Interesting..thanks for the information. I don't see my old friend the #90 viewing filter anymore (unless they named it something else).
    It's at the bottom of "Basic Color Filters", though you can only get it in 3, 4, and 6 inch versions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fparnold View Post
    It's at the bottom of "Basic Color Filters", though you can only get it in 3, 4, and 6 inch versions.
    I see it now! Thanks!

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone find it peculiar that they make a great point of a "six month" lifespan?

These filters are listed in the Motion Picture Products section. Maybe Hollywood thinks nothing of replacing filters every 6 months.

It says "With the same spectral response and color as current WRATTEN Gelatin Filters, the new KODAK WRATTEN 2 Optical Filters also offer several improvements:". So "gelatin" --> "optical" -- of course the filters are "optical", and "optical" doesn't reveal the material, presumably not gelatin. What is the new material? Polyester, such as Lee uses?

Some colors are available in huge sizes, 150 mm square, 300 mm square and 350 x 450 mm. That should cover even the biggest LF lens. But what is the price?

Perhaps the "6 month" phrase is adspeak referring to the hard use gels see and their consumable nature. The reference book "Kodak Filters" has a complicated series of ratings to determine the lifespan of a gel filter, that is, its relative fade resistance.
    I'd imagine these new filters are made of polyester. And the Kodak gels have long been available in very large sizes- up to 12" square. I don't know how much they cost- but the phrase "very expensive" comes to mind. Of course they may well have been dicontinued.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin