Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,610   Online: 891

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would have thought the oposite would apply, I wouldnt be surprised if modernt 4x5" sheet film is cut to the nearest millimeter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sorry to come in so late but I just wasn't watching. I can't speak for Ilford but I have talked at length to Kodak. I was concerned after they announced they were discontinuing all 5x7 color film. Their professional film rep confirmed the discontinuance of 5x7 color and, at the same time, stressed that there will be no change in the availability of emulsions available in 13x18 with the exception of Portra which has been discontinued due to lack of demand.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Sorry to come in so late but I just wasn't watching. I can't speak for Ilford but I have talked at length to Kodak. I was concerned after they announced they were discontinuing all 5x7 color film. Their professional film rep confirmed the discontinuance of 5x7 color and, at the same time, stressed that there will be no change in the availability of emulsions available in 13x18 with the exception of Portra which has been discontinued due to lack of demand.
    If I remember correctly, the 13x18 Portra they discontinued was the Tungsten version. I can understand that demand for this was very low. I think a daylight color negative film would make more sense, but I'm sure they won't re-introduce that.

We can consider ourselves lucky that 8x10" color neg is still available, though Kodak appear to have discontinued the ASA 400 version of 8x10" Portra recently.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin