Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,348   Online: 999

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What Brent said.

I'm impressed there are still new cameras (and nice ones, at that) coming out. Obviously they were developed after the scourge had started, but someone still made the effort.

On another bright side, looking down from my jobsite last Thursday I observed a slew (more than a smattering, less than a gaggle) of budding large formatters learning the basics from the ICP (International Center for Photography), fidldling with view cameras on the Grace Building's rear plaza. Warmed the cockles of my small, small heart.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    What Brent said.

I'm impressed there are still new cameras (and nice ones, at that) coming out. Obviously they were developed after the scourge had started, but someone still made the effort.

On another bright side, looking down from my jobsite last Thursday I observed a slew (more than a smattering, less than a gaggle) of budding large formatters learning the basics from the ICP (International Center for Photography), fidldling with view cameras on the Grace Building's rear plaza. Warmed the cockles of my small, small heart.
    Terence,

Are you working on the new BofA building?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No tri-x here
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Terence,

Are you working on the new BofA building?
    Yep. I manage the steel and concrete work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post

Imagine your a kid just getting interested in photography. What are you going to see? Ads in the mags for digi gear. And since you're likely already computer-saavy, it will seem like a "no-brainer" to gravitate that way.
    Imagine you're a kid and are just getting interested in photography....somebody shows you how a B&W print is made in the darkrrom. Imagine the thrill of seeing the image appear in the first tray....imagine. It's a no-brainer.

Shooter
    35mm

Quad Cities

Hard to find much around here. I thought I would check out a small independent pharmacy, and they had some Kodak Gold 200 3 packs for 1 dollar, it was expired, but I use it for general pictures and it looks great. I also noticed they had some Konica film on the shelf. So I will check back from time to time to see if they get rid of it. Our CVS (ex-OSCO Drug) stores hardly carry any film. Our walgreens are stocked well with Kodak T-Max color film, C41 BW, and Walgreens color. I haven't checked HY-VEE though. Our Jewel stores carry fuji and Kodak, but all general purpose film.

Any one else from the Quad Cities on here? Or close by?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Went back to Wegman's yesterday to pick up something for dinner (really good grocery store, really really good. To those who think I am nuts for saying this, you haven't ben in one!) and I noticed, not 1 row of Tri-X in the display, but 2 now. I wonder if there is a trend?
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brent: So the Tri-X was at Wegmans? Damn... as I said earlier, I don't shop there. Sacriligeous in Rochester, I know, but they pi$$ed me off real good one day (well, over a period of time, it just culminated with one specific incident), and I won't go back. Guess I'll stick with on-line purchases or the local shops when I need it right away.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar View Post
    Brent: So the Tri-X was at Wegmans? Damn... as I said earlier, I don't shop there. Sacriligeous in Rochester, I know, but they pi$$ed me off real good one day (well, over a period of time, it just culminated with one specific incident), and I won't go back. Guess I'll stick with on-line purchases or the local shops when I need it right away.
    Huh - Tri-X won't draw you in, sounds like they screwed up pretty bad. I know it is always crowded.

Just saw Elite Chrome Slide film there today. Never saw it there - justthe color print film, and 400CN. Now Tri-X, and Elite Chrome. I wonder if we'll see Plus-X and Kodachrome 25 or something...?
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, if they stock K25 ALL will be forgiven!
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin