Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,692   Online: 861

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Found Tri-X 400 in the Grocery Store

Have no idea what it means - but I found Tri-X in the grocery store - next to all the C-41 film they sell. Strange. :o

(This is in Rochester, NY so general availability film will only be Kodak - but this is the first time I saw it for sale in the grocery store - and this is in the suburbs nowhere near RIT... and if you knew the place, people are NOT photo crazy here the way you would figure)
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nope. The Hy-Vee in town and also the drug store on Main have it here. They just charge up the ass for it.

I did forget to add that I do, occasionally, buy it. When you need film, you need film.
    Last edited by Stephanie Brim; 10-14-2006 at 05:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just about ever single grocery store and Convience store around here has at least 1 or 2 rolls of B&W film for sale, I can't understand why it is such a big deal, I could have bought a 1/2 dozen rolls for Tri-x and T-max today when I picked beer up...Sometimes, I think us traditional shooters are a product of our own demise...

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not too strange here, won't find it in a drugstore in my area, but in Meijers ( theres one like every 5 miles ) grocery and general merchandise store there will be some TriX 400 and Tmax 100 for sale, generally in 24 exposure, for the same price if not more than what we sell 36 exposure for at the camera store I work at. So its available, just not as cheap as you can get it. They used to have about 2 other emulsions in B&W up until about 9 months ago. Usually good to know in case you gota have B&W on a sunday, and the camera shops are closed.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What, no 120? I'd complain to the manager!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Two weeks ago I went into our local drug store to grab a "consumer" roll of K's 200 ASA color film to shoot some snaps for a family gathering. Just wanted a 24-exp. roll so didn't want to use a roll of Reala from the freezer.

Sure enough, also hanging from the hooks were a few rolls of Tri-X (or may have been T-Max). They were right next to some APS stuff etc.

I don't know who buys that film stuff in the drug stores - must be other idiots like me who need a roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bromo: Which store? (PM me if you want.) I can only hope it's cheaper than at Rowe, Wright, etc. I can't recall seeing Tri-X in grocery stores here in a very long time, but I don't do much of the shopping, and even when I do go into Tops or Herrema's (I am boycotting Wegmans), I don't normally look at the film racks.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Long's drug's (big chain here on the west coast) used to have it in every sore...it was $3.68 for 24 exp if I remembe correctly. No more. .

Saw a bunch of interesting film in a grocery store out in the middle of no-where in S-E Minnesota this summer. Bought some too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I am finding to be odd is that its getting very hard according to our customers to find 100 speed or lower film anywhere but our store.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see C41 process B & W 35mm film regularly in drugstores and supermarkets around here. It is rare to see more traditional B & W film though.

Matt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin