Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,887   Posts: 1,520,687   Online: 1108

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    So JandC wont take any orders unitl January 15th? I guess it will take me about that long to shoot the 1500+ sheets of film I bought during their moving sale.

Hurry back!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm glad they're closed for a while. My credit card is on fire after the sales.
    juan

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Does anyone know if there's to be another round of the TMY sheet film in addition to the Ilford? Or was everyone too disgusted by the oversize boxes? :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They will use undersize boxes this time and fold the film to fit. ;-)

PE

J&C Re Stocked?

For some folks that cannot understand that J&C is going through this self imposed growth to better serve US the consumers, I guess that patience is not one of your strong points. All things considered, the down time is not that big a deal.

John just did us all a fabulous service via one of the most smoking deals on materials that I have seen in a very long time. If you did not make an order then shame on you! Why did he make this offer? Because he wants to show his customers that he appreciates their business and is positioning his corporate infrastructure (at significant financial exposure I might add) to accompdate their requirements for the next ten years +.

Any serious photographer should have six months or more of product on hand so a month and a half of down time is really not that big a deal.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JFCARTER View Post
    I think we can pretty much conclude at this point that J and C is out of business. Customers will not wait forever for restocking, moving, etc.
    You're right. I won't wait forever, but I'll certainly wait at least until Hell freezes over. I just bought two boxes of 5x7 TMY (for $75/box!) during his moving sale. I wish now it had been a half dozen.

If it hadn't been for JandC's backing of the recent special run of TMY there would be no 5x7 TMax at all! So I'll be there in Jan. when he reopens and I've paid down my credit cards and saved some pennies for some more film orders. And if he doesn't reopen until the following January I'll still be ready with an order or two for him.

I can't think of any photographic supply enterprise which has a more loyal customer base than does JandC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin