Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,586   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray View Post
    Could you add a clip-on, eye-safe laser pointer? My interest is for "Dambusters" focussing of portraits, but I'm sure there are those who could use it like the old focusspot attachment for night-time focussing of speed graphics.
    Hadn't really thought about it to be honest. It's too late to change anything on the RF... perhaps you could velcro one on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotoman View Post
    Hadn't really thought about it to be honest. It's too late to change anything on the RF... perhaps you could velcro one on.
    There are any number of bodge-job ways to do this, or more elegant ways if you are prepared to machine the casing of an older rangefinder. It would be nice though if someone (hint, hint :-) made a lightsource that was designed from the start to clip on securely and with the right orientation, and which had the battery compartment and diode chip arranged so that the combined unit had some kind of mechanical and design integrity.

While you're at it, please make a lightweight holder for 5" roll film. :-)

PS: thanks for listening.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    It's great to see products like this being made again.

Having said that, I saw the price and gulped! A few months ago I picked up a virtually identical item (about 40 years old but in excellent condition and very accurate) on eBay for about GBP 6. Like this one, it was also capable of easy recalibration.

I wonder if there will be a market for an item like this at this price point.
    You were very fortunate to acquire one for GBP 6. I've been keeping track for some time, and there hasn't been a mint Voigtlander sell for under 100 USD for over a year. And even a mint Voightlander is still 50+ years old... with a very small, and usually cloudy viewing window.

Is there a market at this price? Our backlog keeps growing, so I suppose somebody thinks so. While they may look simple from the outside, these are truly precise instruments requiring careful CNC controlled machining and assembly. Factoring in inflation since the early 1950's, our RF is cheap... compared to what the Voigtlander cost in its day.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotoman View Post
    Is there a market at this price? Our backlog keeps growing, so I suppose somebody thinks so.
    Sincerely, I'm happy to hear it. Such lovely devices are a delight in themselves. I'm very glad that their production will continue.

I wish you every success.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin