Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,918   Posts: 1,521,930   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nc5p View Post
    Well, I went and used the computer in the den, which is running Windows. It comes up instantly. I normally don't have access to that computer (son is on it most of the time) and use this one in the living room which is running Linux. It used to work all the time in here on their site but they must have changed it somehow a few weeks back. I don't recall encountering anything like that before, where I couldn't bring a site up at all. Their server must now check what OS you're running and only load if it's Windows.
    Worked fine for me two days ago and again just now with ubuntu 6.06/debian linux and Firefox. Make sure you have scripts and cookies enabled for keh.com in Firefox, which are often turned off by default. All I have to do is enter "keh" in the url box to bring it up.

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Works for me. Try clearing your browser cache, or maybe try a different browser.
    Good suggestion.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, I went and used the computer in the den, which is running Windows. It comes up instantly. I normally don't have access to that computer (son is on it most of the time) and use this one in the living room which is running Linux. It used to work all the time in here on their site but they must have changed it somehow a few weeks back. I don't recall encountering anything like that before, where I couldn't bring a site up at all. Their server must now check what OS you're running and only load if it's Windows.

Works fine for me on Windows with Opera, Gentoo with firefox and Opera.

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They answered their phone when I dialed their number

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Works fine for Firefox.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    try using a different domain name server

http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html
    http://www.plus.net/support/member_f.../dns_mac.shtml

should help .....
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Works here in Firefox and IE on windows and Links and Lynx on Linux.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I went and used the computer in the den, which is running Windows. It comes up instantly. Their server must now check what OS you're running and only load if it's Windows.
    Bizarre!!!!

I thought I was the only one! Actually, Windows not sure about but definitely from OS. All my computers at home work but my Linux box won't. I know it exists cause I can do a 'telnet www.keh.com 80'. But lynx, elinks, mozilla from my Linux box don't work.

So I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Geez, I've ordered so much stuff from them on the internet lately that the other day they mailed me a hard copy Holiday catalog!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Bizarre!!!!

I thought I was the only one! Actually, Windows not sure about but definitely from OS. All my computers at home work but my Linux box won't. I know it exists cause I can do a 'telnet www.keh.com 80'. But lynx, elinks, mozilla from my Linux box don't work.

So I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    I have a Mac dual G5 - running system 10.4 and using Safari and Firefox it all works.

I have a Linux (Ubuntu 6.10) running on a Old Mac G3 Laptop, but I haven't checked.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin