Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,983   Online: 924

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    UQAM and Concordia both have BFA and MFA in photography, and a fair number of interesting artists came out of it.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went to Emily Carr College of Art & Design for their full time photography program. It's now called Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design I think. The darkrooms were very well equipped and the access was great. I could print every day until at least 2:00 a.m. or even 3:00 depending on which security guard let me stay a little longer. It might be different now.

The Institute is located on Granville Island in Vancouver. Not really an island per se but an old industrial park that's converted to a very funky market /live theater venues /restaurants /kids market /hotel /art studios/ and art school.

The photo school John might be referring to in Vancouver might be Focal Point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Emily Carr continues to offer night school/weekend courses as well with darkroom access. The 5 week Fiber based Printing: Advanced Black & White course that I am lusting after in their current catalogue (www.eciad.ca/cs) limits you to a maximum of 9 hours per week darkroom time - 9 hours a week , 9 hours a week , if only I could get manage 9 hours a week!!

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    UCFV in Abbotsford has photography all of which is in the darkroom it is part of the Visual Arts Degree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I know that Sheridan College offers photography,
    Sheridan college is discontinuing film studies. Got their "catalogue" in the mail last night. This is the final year for 2 of their programs;

Basic photography (Film) **Last Offering**
    Intermediate Photography(Film) **Last Offering**

The digital version is still available, but no one here really cares about that I suppose.
    They are still offering a 4x5 class(film based). There are other classes but they don't make the film/digi distinction.

Humber College (Toronto west end) and George Brown (Toronto downtown) both offer photography courses. George Brown is a little more in depth.
    Last edited by rogueish; 12-01-2006 at 05:51 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: more info and spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am surprised Ryerson University in Toronto has not been mentioned, they offer both a four year degree and a post degree certificate in photography. The course program shows they are not getting rid of their darkrooms yet. I plan to sign up for the certificate after I get my PR certificate squared away.

Also Ryerson is opening a museum for the Blackstar Photo endowment they recieved as a donation a few years ago.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) in Edmonton has a two year photographic technology program - with both darkroom and digital as part of the curriculum

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I know that Sheridan College offers photography, - snip -
    Sheridan will no longer be offering traditional film photography courses after their spring semester. Here's an excerpt from their last film based course.
    Photography Fundamentals Winter 2007 - 15380

Photography Intermediate (Film Option)

The price is $253.00

FINAL OFFERING
    Acquire an intensive grounding in camera and darkroom techniques. Learn to shoot photographs indoors and outdoors, process film, make enlargements, and finish prints. You are required to bring your camera equipment to the first class. Please bring a tripod if you have one. Fee includes $49 lab fee.
    Prerequisite(s): VDES70006 Basic Photography or approval of the coordinator.
    Sheridan always been a commercial based college so this doen't surprise me in the least as the commercial world is pretty much 100% digital. Too bad.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Annoying grammar post: any moderator willing to replace the "University's" in the title by the proper English plural "universities" ?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Universities it is...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin