Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,554   Posts: 1,573,145   Online: 782

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New camera from Fujifilm

Found this link from the Online Photographer. A new point and shoot film camera available in Japan, only. Sounds like a pretty solidly built camera, and encouraging that they have introduced it!

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which one? The Klasse W P&S seems rather pricey at US$774.81

Then there's the Natura Classica (zoom lens P&S) at US $297.31

And there's the Natura S P&S (w 24mm lens) for US$306.32

IMHO you'd be better off with one of the Cosina/Voigtlander RF 35's
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy View Post
    Found this link from the Online Photographer. A new point and shoot film camera available in Japan, only. Sounds like a pretty solidly built camera, and encouraging that they have introduced it!

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/
    The Fuji Klasse series is a neat limited edition camera. Seems to me more of a collector edition than meant for a 'user' type (Reminds me of the Nikon Rangefinder reissued a few years ago). I am sure they would perform well if pressed into daily use, too!

Are you thinking of getting one?
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    35mm
    It's not really a P&S, although it can be used that way. It has exposure compensation, bracketing, fixed distance focusing as well as auto focus, etc. 28/2.8 lens. There's a review in the current 'shashin kogyo', perhaps not available in your local library. It's also twice the size of my GR1, so I don't think I'll be getting one. Still, it's good to see new film cameras from a major manufacturer.

Shooter
    35mm
    The size of the camera is 123.0mmx63.5mmx38.5mm, and the weight is
    270g, according to Fuji:

http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/corporate/.../ffnr0052.html

Here's a bigger pic:

http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/press/img/ffnr0052_l.jpg

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It would be nice to see a Stylus Epic size camera with a 35mm lens and manual controls from Fuji.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    looks pretty cool. Makes me miss my P&S I sold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks quite a bit like the older Rollei AFM35. If it is the same camera, then that has a very nice lens for a small camera.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBremerhaven View Post
    Looks quite a bit like the older Rollei AFM35. If it is the same camera, then that has a very nice lens for a small camera.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio
    I don't know too much about it, but the Rollei AFM35 was a rebadged version of the original Klasse that came out years ago. I believe the only difference between the two was a lens or lens coating, but overall, they were almost identical.

I have not seen any websites or blogs with the reviews on the new Fuji camera, but I'm sure in a month or two, there will be plenty of information about it. Personally I think Fuji should've made a full MF RF camera by just rebadging another Cosina camera...

Shooter
    35mm
    I just had a chance to try this camera in a store yesterday. It's not bad, but it's not really a user-friendly type. My complaint is the menu dial, which is very slippery and so hard to use. Also, the exposure compensation nob feels too cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if it would fall out in regular use.

The size of the body is like, between Contax T3 and Leica M body, and that's kind of nice, to me, though. And what's actually really nice is the shutter noise that is far quieter than those two, or any other cameras I know, and it operates really fast. In that sense, it's like the AF version of Konica Hexar, but far better, and it certainly made my T3 feel like a dinosaur model.

And the focusing seems pretty good and accurate. At least when I tried, it didn't stray like some high-end compact AF cameras would do.

But I don't know the picture quality of it since I wasn't able to put film in it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin