Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,863   Online: 895

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photozone,

According to your post here (I don't have your detail order information) your order was processed and postage paid to the USPS a long time ago. There are three possibilities: 1) package lost by USPS; 2) not shipped yet; 3) package returned to me due to not deliverable. If you are a international buyer there is another possibility 4) the package is still on the way to you.

If you call me directly (phone number at my website) and give me your order information I can let you know the shipping status, and if lost I will either send you a replacement shipment or a full refund if there is no more stock. All shipments are 100% insured by me and never a money loss from any buyer - I cover all possible shipping losses. Due to one man operation the slower shipment is possible so if you need to use film quickly, like if you have a travel plan, please email or better call me to make sure I know your plan. At the time of this writing, I have a buyer ordered 4 different films and want to make sure he can use the film in next week's travel. I have already processed his order as UPS ground but now I have to re-evaluate the delivery time to make sure it is the ok. Otherwise I will have to cancel the shipping label and use a faster shipping method. So let me know before I printed the shipping label could save me some time too.

Here is a recent story of slower international shipment. I shipped 100 rolls Fuji 120 RMS slide film to one Poland buyer two months ago. Last month I received buyer's email of no films showing up. That is about one month already via USPS regular airmail. I told him the package could be still on the way to him because it is an international shipment and according to my past experience it could be quite slow. But again considering he is from East Europe and a lot of buyers from oversea are quite alert to this kind of situation, I decided to EMS (USPS Express Mail) him another package to make him feel better. That is all from my operating cost and the EMS shipping is quite expensive. I quickly forgot all about this. After another month, just a few days ago, the honest buyer finally emailed me and told me he received both packages, and decide to sell the extra one, and will give me the money back when his selling is done. This tells us, how slow the international shipment could be and can really worn out the patience from an un-prepared buyer.

Thanks for Sean emailed me this link. I am right now 100% time booked due to holiday order and shipment so there is not much time left for me to visit APUG.
    Writing this email costs me at least the packaging time for 5 orders . And look at the timestamp of this writing, it is quite late and I haven't finished today's work yet. Sure, work is beautiful.

Happy shooting.
    Last edited by collect888; 12-10-2006 at 11:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I am not international. I am in Arkansas, USA. I have emailed you multiple times and each time I copied the original order, and confirmations and my address, and the tracking number you provided me. I don't know what calling do, but I will do it.

Gene McCluney
    Phototone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gene,

Save your phone cost because you left your name in the your last post. Your order was indeed shipped via USPS Priority Mail according to my old memory. Because there is no information we can get from USPS delivery confirmation number so it is not delivered yet (not delivered, lost, not shipped, or still in the shipping process are the same to USPS Delivery Confirmation service right now, we only see the shipping label was printed and nothing else). I can ship out another order for you, but if both arrives you just need to return one of them, or pay for both orders. Please email me and resolve this offline and I have to have a rest - almost 3:00am now. Thanks.
    Last edited by collect888; 12-11-2006 at 01:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Email has been sent to Collect888. I will keep the list updated on the resolution of this matter.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Collect888,

1. with all other sellers than you, I have never waited longer than max. 3 weeks to get USPS shipment being on the other side of the planet.
    2. not only me, many other buyers had same experience with you.
    3. for me only, I had twice exactly the same experience with you.

Conclusion: after then I didn't buy from you, though I have left postive feedbacks to you.

The problem is not specific to this case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ernie, sorry you hit the hard period with slower shipment last year. I remember that period did last about two months in late summer. But one thing I am sure, all orders were finally shipped out, or if someone cannot wait for the shipment, they were getting their full payment back. There were a few poor guys got both the film and the refund and disappeared in front of me.

Now eBay software automatically takes care all feedbacks for me. Before that I had to do a few times per year and it is a semi-auto or semi-manual process. And someone could be left out. Now if you leave me a positive you are getting a positive quickly and it is 100% accurate.

BTW at the same time I am apologizing and you guys are crying about the slow shipment. I am worrying the whole film business is collapse at an amazing speed. With less and less profit and a shrinking market to support a discounted film business sometimes I do feel buyers should tolerate a bit. If you can plan ahead, order film ahead of time, it will help me to keep running this business. If you have any special need, go ahead to make arrangement with me to work out a faster shipment.
    Last edited by collect888; 12-11-2006 at 08:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys, I'm chiming in rather late, but recently I sent two packages on the same day that were 8x10 envelopes of identical weight to two locations. The source, Rochester NY and the destinations, Daly City CA and Tulsa OK.

The one to Daly City arrived in one week, but the one to Tulsa arrived only after 1.5 months, and two calls to the local postmaster. It took our Rochester postmaster a call to Tulsa, and within 12 hours it was delivered in Tulsa. This was certified mail without return reciept.

USPS gives no explanation but handwaving.

At the same time, I sent several packages via UPS and have tracking #s and delivery confirmation on all of them including which door and what time of day! The UPS tracking even included an apology for a delay of one day due to severe snow in Kansas.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photo Engineer,

Thanks for your knowledgable postings about films and film history. I have gained a lot from reading your writings!

In front of me, is a "Parcel Search Request" from USPS Postal Service Seattle Bulk Mail Center just received. Basically one of my shipped Priority Mail package was damaged and the film was lost during USPS shipment and they found a package wrapper with my name and address. They were asking me what is inside the package and "if after a thorough search your merchandise is not located, take this form and wrapper to your local post office for a postage refund". I am sure this will generate another unhappy buyer. USPS, is still working like a government agency. Some of their front desk service personal actually hope they are getting as less packages as possible.
    Last edited by collect888; 12-11-2006 at 09:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by collect888 View Post
    Photo Engineer,

Thanks for your knowledgable postings about films and film history. I have gained a lot from reading your writings!

In front of me, is a "Parcel Search Request" from USPS Postal Service Seattle Bulk Mail Center just received. Basically one of my shipped Priority Mail package was damaged and the film was lost during USPS shipment and they found a package wrapper with my name and address. They were asking me what is inside the package and "if after a thorough search your merchandise is not located, take this form and wrapper to your local post office for a postage refund". I am sure this will generate another unhappy buyer. USPS, is still working like a government agency. Some of their front desk service personal actually hope they are getting as less packages as possible.
    Hate to say it, but I don't experience the same as you, and I ship hundreds of USPS packages a week..

But I do agree, those of use that ship a lot of packages, take the guff because the USPS and many other shippers, don't care, and I agree, once it leaves our hands, we have very little control over what happens to that package.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm waiting on an order myself, and I'll try to be a little more patient given what I've read here. But customers must file a dispute with PayPal within 45 days of the payment, so taking two months to get things out the door is just way too long. It doesn't give any protection to the customer in the event something goes wrong. It's unfortunate paypal is that way since Visa/Mastercard give you 90 days, but there it is.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin