Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,241   Online: 909

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will emailed me: "OK I received it tonight! Thank you. I should have just waited one more day". (Actually my shipping could be faster.) A few hours later he has already tested the paper and according to him, "All looks well". A corner of the shipping box was a little crushed by UPS but the content is ok.

Good ending at least for this one.

Should be more careful about the shipping packaging in this busy holiday season. I saw that lady in my local post office throws packages around instead of carrying them over.
    Last edited by collect888; 12-12-2006 at 11:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

One week later, still no film!!

It has been since November 2.total. After posting on this form I was finally contacted again by Collect888 and he indicated he would re-send the film. Now a week later, no film. I doubt I will ever get any film from Collect888.

Gene McCluney

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I spoke too soon. The film came. It is wrong. It is 24 exposure, not 36 exposure, and it is not just "short dated" it is waaaaay out of date. as of expired in 2002. Thats 4 (FOUR) years past date. Doubt if it will do anything good. I will never, repeat never, never, never ever ever ever even remotely consider purchasing anything from "Collect888" again, ever!!!

I certainly have learned my lesson. There are plenty of honest vendors out there, way to many to waste my time with this one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gene,

I did not list this film as "short dated". The whole page at my website listed 35mm slide film as "outdate" on every film.

"Short dated" has never been into my language to describe films. In my business of selling films, I usually list film as "fresh", "dated xx/200x", or if I am not sure about the date of the film, either give a date range like 2002-2004, or just say "Outdate" without a date. I don't like the term of "short dated film" because some dealers used it for both "close dated" film that is fresh, or "outdated film". For close dated film, I usually say it is still fresh, for example, dated 3/2007. Straightforward.

You told me you ordered 36 exp. films not 24 exp. I decided "The Customer is Always Right" and just send you the second package of 36 exp films to resolve the issue. In communications I have told you I am sending you the second package of 36 exp. films without paper boxes, and "in my best knowledge that is dated around 2002-2004, like the one you ordered". "If you can use I can send you 20 rolls of those. If the film is no good you can return at any time. Otherwise I will just refund to you to make sure you are not getting anything you don't use." And I clearly stated in my email:""I checked again the shipping record. There was one package sent out to you. If it is lost so be it. If not please turn it to me. That should contain 24 exposure films instead of 36."

Your email response to me is, "PLEASE SEND WHAT YOU HAVE. I DON'T CARE IF IT IS IN BOXES. AS LONG AS IT IS IN THE PLASTIC SNAP-CANNISTERS. IF I GET THE "PREVIOUS" SHIPMENT, I WILL PAY YOU FOR IT." So outdated film is not a total monster to you. And you knew and are ready to accept that second batch of film has an unknown but outdate date of a few years. You knew there is an previous package with 24 exp. film inside and you can return it but you opt to keep it and pay for it. I don't understand why you forgot what you have expressed in both phone conversation and emails. According to the time stamp your email was "Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:31 AM".

Also in today's APUG post you did not mention I have told you I am sending you the second package, and did not mention you have received USPS delivery confirmation number for the second package. (The package was given to USPS two days ago).

I have all five copies of your recent emails in my archive. From your email I can see you used all UPPER CASEs and never used lower cases in our private email communication. In APUG you seems know to use lower cases. Being in the Internet since Bitnet and Usenet time, I can see what kind of net user you are. Some net users abuse the Internet with strange split personality. I don't know if you are one of them but it is truly a pleasure to hear that you are not buying from me. I don't like dealing with rude and dishonest buyers.
    Last edited by collect888; 12-16-2006 at 04:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never seen so many negative feedbacks. You would think that after one or two the seller would change something instead of just letting it ride and piling up a gob of negatives. Some people have no scruples when it comes to making a buck.

Curt

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    my question is Why do business with this guy? Every thing seems like a bad experience. Why not just buy your film from some other vendor?

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    my question is Why do business with this guy? Every thing seems like a bad experience. Why not just buy your film from some other vendor?

lee\c
    That is what I did 4 years ago when he and I had our first and only transaction. I alerted those who read the first thread dedicated to him and also gave him a chance to make good. Alas, I'm still waiting for my missing propack and members are still learning the hard way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is quite surprise to me too that I am getting so many orders year by year. I guess there is some good reasons there and many buyers are very reasonable. I offer honest service, good price and good films, and sometime slow shipment. Most buyers are coming back and some established buyers only need to give me a call or email and I send them the film before even sending them an invoice.

All negatives are due to slow shipment which is not easily overcome with my busy schedule. But I will start to change my store policy to allow slower shipment. I guess knowing up front the buyers will feel better in case a delayed shipment. Then I can just work with those buyers who shopped early enough to give me enough time to work on the shipment.

With film business rapidly shrinking it is obvious I should concentrate my main course instead spent more time on the films. I have enough film to use for myself already. But I always get those calls from my friends to offer me some good films I cannot reject.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post

lee\c
    I guarantee that I won't. You see, I had never ordered from this vendor, but I saw a text ad on THIS forum. I respect the posters on this forum, it is a good forum, I thought the forum moderator would screen the advertisers. Well, you live and learn. Never again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I guarantee, if I "get" this second shipment, I will gladly pay for it. But, I seriously doubt I will get it. Up to now, I have never had a bad transaction with anyone in online purchases on ebay or otherwise. Of course, this was "otherwise" as I did not use ebay for this film purchase.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin