Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,069   Online: 790

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ernie,

Good point. The delays are typically initiated by something, like this time the direct cause is my Microsoft Outlook email software killed all recent order information. (A Microsoft Outlook 2GB bug)

Many new films are still coming. No one stocks and offers more variety of outdated films, period. The varieties, the value, including the good quality of those films make the sale very attractive. The issue is, I need to maintain a balance of sale volume and a reasonable shipping speed. One decision made a while ago, my yahoo online store will be closed. That store mostly was there for those who don't use eBay. In future they can order from the homepage www.collect888.com directly. And there will be better promotions to buyers who order a larger quantity because of the time savings. As I have wrote before, I will start to change my store policy to allow slower shipment.

I guess knowing up front the buyers will feel better and I can just work with those buyers who shopped early enough to give me enough time to work on the shipment. I hope this order volume decrease will lead to a better service quality in future.
    Last edited by collect888; 12-17-2006 at 11:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This has been an informative thread (and somewhat shocking) thread. Thanks to everyone who chimed in; this is going to save me a lot of inconvenience.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too. I wouldn't touch this vendor with a ten-foot pole. I hope Sean keeps the ad off the site.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Response: A gift for the holiday from collect888

Here is part of the announcement from collect888 today:

For most buyers in November and December affected by the slow shipment, there will be a gift of 5 rolls professional film, or a $10 discount for next purchase if the buyer opts for it.

Happy holiday!

(Please contact collect888 for more details)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 2 cents--I DID purchase a case of Fuji RMS from collect888 and got it in a fair amount of time and it is excellent film----When I order I do expect the item(s) to be promptly shipped and if there is an issue I do want to be advised !! Hmm!! Will I order again ?---I'm kinda skeart !!!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jos,

Your points are well taken. Thanks for letting me know the case of RMS 120 is good. I have sold a lot of the film and I shoot that film not long ago and found it to be really good.

If you are ordering another case soon I will give you additional 10 rolls. Do remind me if you are brave enough to order .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't really understand why a vendor that has had his advertisinf pulled from the site is allowed to continue to advertise by using the threads.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I don't really understand why a vendor that has had his advertisinf pulled from the site is allowed to continue to advertise by using the threads.
    I would say we should give the guy one more chance. It is possible that he now understands the gravity of the shipping issue and will fix it. Why don't we do this: Some brave APUG'er should order film (heck, I'll do it) and report back to APUG the shipping time. If service is good then maybe we won't nail the coffin shut. On the other hand...

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I wonder why his advertising was pulled when he paid for it. Does he get a refund? Do the TV networks and magazines pull any Ford ads because they were slow at delivering certain cars at some point?

If I was advertising here, I wouldn't prepay for more that a month, because the site owner seems to make arbitrary decisions as to when he lives up to his contractual obligations (placing my ad on his site.)
    Last edited by Petzi; 12-20-2006 at 02:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There were more than enough valid reasons to pull the add for now. The advertiser has been refunded in full. This was far more than 'slow delivery' issues. When these issues are worked out they are welcome to contact me for reassessment. I'm closing the thread and those involved can PM colect888 and keep me aprised of things if they like.
    Thanks,
    Sean

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin