Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,865   Online: 993

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Any luck with vendor "Collect888"???

First time I have ever been concerned about an internet film order, but I ordered 20 rolls of slide film from this vendor, who has a text ad here on APUG from his online storefront on November 5, paid promptly with PayPal and a couple days later got a postal tracking number. That number has never been "activated" yet, as there has been no package presented to the postal office. I have emailed this person several times, and got several excuses, but as of yet no film. I am getting concerned, I cannot afford to waste money on product I don't get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just because it is not activated at the post office does not mean it has not been mailed, the delivery confirmation is just that it is not a tracking number, it just shows a label was printed by their system and will not be updated until such time as it is delivered..

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Just because it is not activated at the post office does not mean it has not been mailed, the delivery confirmation is just that it is not a tracking number, it just shows a label was printed by their system and will not be updated until such time as it is delivered..

Dave
    I am more concerned that it has been over 30 days since my order was placed accepted and paid for, and still no film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    I am more concerned that it has been over 30 days since my order was placed accepted and paid for, and still no film.
    You can search the forums here, it has been discussed before, also, you could file a complaint for non-delivery with paypal, I had to do that the other day on a purchase I made, and it took all of about 15 minutes to get it solved.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've tried emailing him for you. I have disabled the ad until I have more details about this situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's some pretty good ethical conduct and community concern on Sean's part there. Thanks for posting this as well, I was looking to buy a lot of polaroid film from Collect888 when I could get the money together. I'll be waiting until this is resolved before I touch anything, and those hundreds of negative feedback marks could do with some explaining on the seller's part as well.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Phototone,

I advice you strongly to read this thread (and buy your film elsewhere):

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/10846-tech-pan-ebay.html

Sean,

To be frank, I don't think collect888 should be able to advertise here at all....

Jaap Jan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have bought last year from this vendor twice about 200 rolls of APX100.
    Very, very slow. It took almost 2 months, but both times I have received the shipment.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought some film from him on eBay once; it took something like a month for him to actually get around to shipping it. I went back through his feedback afterward and discovered that a lot of his "positive" feedbacks actually were people complaining about how long he took to ship, but presumably they didn't want the get a retaliatory negative. So now when I check feedback on eBay I look for patterns not only in the negatives but also scan the positives.

That being said, I did consider buying from him again because he seemed to have a large supply of E100SW in 120 and 4x5, but I always put it off.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin