Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,620   Online: 755

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko,

I still say wow! Good luck on this endeavor. Another option for materials will be very welcome. Thanks.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko, that's the best news I've heard in a long time. If I can be a resource for you in any way, please tell me.

Best,

Sanders McNew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is really good news. Just this week I was looking at some old prints on Agfa Classic and wishing it was still around (one of them my avatar in fact!). It's also very encouraging that in some ways the pendulum seems to be swinging back to some degree at least (maybe it will swing even further) and traditional photography seems to be certain of a niche way into the future.

To all producers and potential producers of trad. photographic materials: We are here in numbers!! Be sure of it, WE WILL BUY !!

Cate
    Last edited by catem; 12-23-2006 at 07:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wow, this is interesting!

Portriga. The old Portriga. Graded. That would be something.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never really used many Agfa products (apart from Rodinal) but this is fantastic news and shows that there is still plenty of drive, determination and hopefully demand to keep B&W products going and improving...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a lot of confidence following this statement - thanks Mirko.

Be very interesting to see how you get on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX FOTOIMPEX View Post
    We are involved in this venture of revitalising what used to be Agfa products since August, yet at this point it is too early to make any type of an announcement.
    I wonder actually who spread this word at this stage as it is way too early to do when you have not even ripened all emulsions fully.
    All I can confirm is that the above named companies are at this stage not involved neither financally nor with knowledge or support.
    One of them has announced interest in buying the readymade paper last week. That´s it for them.

I hope that this venture will be succesfull and will surely communicate more details as soon as they become available.

Where the paper will be coated has yet to be determined. At this point the emulsionists are working on the emulsions only and use small lab test coaters.
    The grain structure looks promising, that is all we can say at this point.
    More details will hoepfully become available around february 2007.

Regards and merry Christmas to everyone,

Mirko

ADOX FOTOIMPEX
    Mirko,

Good luck with the project and I hope (along with everyone else here) it comes together for Fotoimpex.

I am starting enlarging at home and I will most likely wind up with some Agfa paper to play with for Christmas, it would be nice to know it continued on under another name. Merry Christmas!

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bravo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great news as I miss so much those agfa papers. I've just read the magic word "Portriga", I'm shaking already. And the Record Rapid...
    But what about the ban on cadmium ?
    Best to you, I hope it will work fine.
    G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Question- Mirko: You are bringing back both APX films and B&W paper? Or just the paper itself?

Second question- If APX films will be remade again- does this mean the beloved APX 25 will be coming back?

Thirdly did Maco/ FotoImpex buy the rights to the APX emulsion recipes?

If you have such info at this time, what will these films be called and under what name- Adox APX?

Finally what formats will be supported? I assume 35mm for sure, but what about 120 or 4x5?
    Last edited by braxus; 12-27-2006 at 01:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin