Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,704   Online: 916

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bonus question: given that J&C have some form of association with Fotoimpex.de (after all they are "fotoimpex.us") are we to follow a red thread all the way back to John, or does his project have nothing to do with this endeavour?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael :-)

Use your common sense, there aren't two different projects.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, even the obvious needs confirmation!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Read the posts from Fotoimpex in the thread ..... they are, after all, the parent company.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

dont forget apx 25 in 4x5 :-)

subj.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What a great project to be working on.
    I loved the old Portriga graded papers. Would be happy to support them again.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What great news! Very exciting!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.aphog.de/

Best regards,

Robert

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by markrewald View Post
    oh Great the French taking over production of Afga? Between their 12 months of vacation and national holidays when will they get around to it? =)
    Well, there are advantages to the French work/vacation ratio--- like a much, much lower incidence of coronary/artery disease than the U.S., despite a relatively high-fat diet. And it's not all due to the red wine. It's the wine, it's the ratio of fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet, it's the taking of a break religiouslyto have a good lunch, it's the longer vacation times, two weeks of which must be taken together, it's the walnuts, it's (IMHO) the enzymes in raw milk cheeses, it's the smaller (just right) portions of food in restaurants, it's the no junk food, it's the no junk snacks between meals . . . .

And just to keep things in perspective: the productivity of French workers is actually higher than that in the U.S.

Yeah, yeah, I know, sometimes they can be a pain in the patuckus, and their politics is as screwed up as ours, and their politicians as venal as ours, but hey, after living there for nearly ten years, I can honestly say that the quality of life far surpasses that in many parts of the U.S. And a much higher percentage of their population enjoys it.

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    O/T, but...

There's no doubt that, in the USA, there is some confusion that quantity of live is an acceptable substitute for quality of life.

But your assertion that French workers are more productive is in error.

Economic productivity has exactly one definition - value of goods or services produced per unit cost.

You must be citing an alternate interpretation and I'm curious as to the source.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin