Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,581   Online: 783

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid - Now this is a company to complain about!

OK, I finished around 150 Polaroid transfers to give as gifts for my project staff. My complaint was that it it took 230 Polaroid prints to make them! At least 4 packs (669) had 'spot' defects in all 10 prints within the pack, 2 packs did not properly engage and I had to discard the entire pack without exposure, and there were several individual prints that did not properly engage (uausally it was a misalignment of the print to the chemical pod resulting in a print that off-center and a leak) or had spot defects (a spot defect looks like a 'burn' or blotch in the print).

Very, very poor quality control.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have heard of digital cibachromes. Maybe try digital polaroids??? Sorry...had too buddy! - Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Save the bad ones, send them an e-mail, and they're usually good about sending a voucher for replacement film, but what a pain.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Save the bad ones, send them an e-mail, and they're usually good about sending a voucher for replacement film
    Better yet... call them. They are very helpful and you will have your vouchers within a week. You will need the batch numbers as well so they can flag them. Unfortunately I have had to do this several times, but they always make it right.

B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, quality problems are a drag but as stated already, thier customer service is typicaly very good about resolving these issues.

I just wake up every day and thank the photo gods that Polaroid is still around.

Cheers,
    Mark
    -- If film is dead, then how come I can't buy a Leica for 20 bucks? --

Mark Greenberg
    Editorial & Commercial Photographer
    www.markgreenbergphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had several 669s pix rupture in the holder and mess it up big time. Polaroid made good giving me a replacement pack and then some.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin