Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,575   Online: 1152

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Cheapest Ilford Film in Europe?

(product availabillity sounds like the correct subforum for this question)

I am planning to make a large order of 200 to 300 pieces of Ilford PanF+ in 120 format and I'm investigating prices around Europe. Last year I bought 100 rolls from Nordfoto in Germany which gave me the lowest price of less than two euros per roll, but now they seem to have risen, atleast for half a euro. Still, they seem lower than others.
    Any suggestions? For such an order, every cent counts.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Ari,

Try this site.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/defa...o=SEARCH&comp=

Regards, John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    7dayshop unfortunately only sevices Great Britain, but try http://www.discountfilmsdirect.co.uk/

-- MW
    Men, said the Devil, are good to their brothers: they donít want to mend their own ways, but each others.
    -- Piet Hein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's a coincidence. I just ordered some Pan F from 7dayshop this morning. It costs £1.35 per roll which is just about two euros.

I'm not sure if there is a similar benefit anywhere else in the world but if you buy from 7dayshop in Britain, you do not pay VAT (value added tax).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a similar benefit anywhere else in the world but if you buy from 7dayshop in Britain, you do not pay VAT (value added tax).
    It's unfortunately a benefit available only for the Brits. Since 7days are shipping out of the Channel Islands, the merchandise is tax exepmpt for citicens of Britain. But since the Channel Islands for tax purpouses lies outside the EU, VAT (and customs fee) is added to the price when ordering to f'rex Greece or Sweden.
    Now, the customs officers doesn't always have a very keen knowledge of the intricacies of British geography, and to my experience there is a 33% chance that VAT and customs will be added when ordering to Sweden from Jersey. Greek customs may be more strict -- or more leninent.
    BUT it is more or less a moot point since 7days (and some other Jersey based companies) only deliver to Britain nowadays.

bemoaning this -- MW
    Men, said the Devil, are good to their brothers: they donít want to mend their own ways, but each others.
    -- Piet Hein

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Steve,

Used them for my film for many years. So good not paying tax. Feels like a small victory every time I place an order !!!

Regards, John.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmpf.

7dayshop is (so far) the cheaper, but no use to the world outside Britain (and Ireland). Nordfoto is the cheaper of the "useful ones" at €2.19 per roll excluding MwST/VAT. The €200 minimum order for buyers outside EU has never been a problem - at least not to me.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember that Germany's VAT rate goes up from 16% to 19% from 1st Jan.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus W View Post
    7dayshop unfortunately only sevices Great Britain, but try http://www.discountfilmsdirect.co.uk/

-- MW
    These people offer discounts for quantity. Their 20 pack price is Euro 2.40 each. Might be worth an email for the quantities you are purchasing?

Their postal charges are expensive, but this may also be negotiable?

Barry

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Another good option here in Germany is PhoBaTec. Sometimes they are cheaper than Nordfoto, sometimes Nordfoto is cheaper. But I think they do not stock Ilford PanF. Maybe you can ask them by email, as far as I know they are very responsive.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin