Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,820   Posts: 1,581,648   Online: 854

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa Paper back in Mar-2007

A German analog photography forum announced today that Agfa MCC and MCP will be back this Spring, or more accurately, the press anouncement will be made in March 2007. They are hinting in their (German) text that it will come from the old Agfa facility in France.

http://www.aphog.de/

Let's hope it's true!

BTW, 'old' Agfa paper (made in late 2005) is still available in Germany from Maco for now.

http://www.mahn.net/
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news Raplh, Thank You for the post.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the last day in March in the last hour of the day, I would not hold my breath for this announcement even for an instant.

But, OTOH, I wish them the best of luck. My knowledge of what is involved in restarting a coating line and getting good product prompts this comment. I hope I'm wrong.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But, OTOH, I wish them the best of luck. My knowledge of what is involved in restarting a coating line and getting good product prompts this comment. I hope I'm wrong.

PE[/QUOTE]

I really hope you are wrong !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, I share your feeling, but Fuji cannot even start up Velvia 50 after a lapse of about 2 years or so and with all of the equipment and engineers in place.

Kodak got a different Azo in Canada than they made in Rochester and the last batch did not match previous batches.

OMG people, look at the track record. I hope for the best but expect the worst.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know you do and I'm as afraid as you. Agfa represents all my photo background starting with Record Rapid and Portriga. It was my only brand and signature. So I hope for a miracle...!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why is starting up a film factory so difficult? It's been done before, obviously, so what's the problem in doing it again?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I dunno - must be dumb of me to ask. But if the company has gone bankrupt several times - indicating, at least in part, that the brand has little following and market presence - why would it succeed this time?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ask Fuji why the new film they are "RESTARTING" is not the same.

Johnny, all you other guys. I've been trying to tell you that analog film making is a heartbreakingly difficult thing to do and once you start you dare not stop. Once you do, you can never go back.

You just don't believe me. Well, the Fuji evidence is all I can offer outside of my own experiences. Sorry. I've been there and done that! There are so few of us in the world that can say that, that it is no wonder that this problem is so misunderstood.

When I went back to visit one of my professors of Biochemistry and described this process to him, he said "My God, it is like desiging a human being from scratch it is so complex, and all done at the micron scale and at high speed".

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa was big with many divisions. What I can say is that the BW paper was selling well, at least in europe and for sure in France where I used to live.
    Color film for example, was another story. And that company didn't face the digital revolution loosing a lot of fields like x-ray for another example (which was bread and butter).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin