Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,759   Online: 991

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I want to interject something in the mix here...regarding the loss of J&C badged Forte. I don't know what their long term plans for Forte were, but it's my understanding that they're gearing up to coat their own line of film and paper. Can anyone speak to that question?
    That should be J&C. Isnt it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

I have read through this thread through with interest, firstly and most importantly in my opinion this news about FORTE means people loosing their jobs, and thats very sad, I have visited FORTE and know some of the people . Job losses happened at ILFORD in 2004 and at AGFA Photo last year and you do never forget it, more job losses in Rochester as well, its really hard for those involved, and as Photo Engineer will tell you : the loss of the combined knowledge and experience to our industry is a crying shame.

This obviously means that further products will leave the scene, some obviously very well loved and valued, ILFORD Photo / HARMAN have always maintained the position that variety benefits analog silver photography and that any reduction is a negative. Interestingly people have pointed out who is left and a choice most certainly still remains in both film and paper and certainly in chemistry. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology will continue to market and encourage the use of ALL analog silver products and spend money to promote silver photography, no matter whose product people purchase.

As to certain posts on this thread 'disliking' ILFORD Photo products, that is absolutely AOK with us, surely everybody has the right to like or dislike a product, and of course everyone has the ultimate right of veto....by not buying them with their hard earned Dollar, Euro, Pound or Florin?.

What I will always defend is a mistatement, anybody can question the finished quality and consistency of our products in an arbitrary way without any knowledge of our quality control procedures, I have intimate knowledge of the quality of our products, how much we value it, spend on it and care about it, and our quality, consistency and quality control has always been and remains excellent and it will always be at the forefront of our manufacturing ethic and process.

When starting out on my career, many moons ago, I was given some very sound advice...never rubbish a competitor, their products, their services or their people...or people will question your motives or your integrity...I am pleased to state I have not wavered from that once...and hopefully anyone who reads, or has read my contributions to APUG will be able to concur.

Simon Galley, ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    J, I asked that same question and didn't get a response. I also heard JandC was going to start producing their own film. But I didn't want to start the rumor mill. I understand how everyone is upset. I used the JandC 400 and loved the look of the old emulsion style film. Most here are very passionate about their work and when you take away some of their tools they react with passion. But there is not much we can do but work with what's available. Let's hope that is John's plan for JandC and we will have another film option in the near future.
    Proboly this is our fault that we didn't by as much as we should but a lot's of people dissapered to digital. I'ts not only Forte who has problem. Kodak sent away a lot's of people and do more this year. And there is going be more manufacturer whom going to dissapeare as the real effect coming lather. it's gonna be worst before it's getting better. It's really begin two or trhe years ago.

We had talked about in the other thread about one begin to coat. It's not that easy for anyone to do it's a hudge amount of money and not just a push bottom operation. Need a lot more and a hudge amout of knowledge which is only in a few peoples hands wolrdwide.
    if my information is right than J&C is a rather small company. Anyway I beleive Kentmere woul be a good choice to produce forte if they can put their hands on the recepie.

I know for sure that they called Forte but one phone call is nothing at all. There would be a lots of wather running down in any river before it's actually Hapens. Also it's not just pick out something and begin to produce it somewhere else and I beleive the coating is not gonna be the same either it would take time before anyone can get it right! When production stop than it's not easy to get back to the point it were before. Of course easier if the engeeners would go with the recepie's at the same time. it's like not all the cook is a good cook.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 01-15-2007 at 04:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Unsubstantiated accusations.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The information value of this thread disappeared about 15 pages ago.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin