Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,843   Online: 880

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uraniumnitrate View Post
    It's impossible as the coating facilities are huge and Forte during the communist era where producing for the entire communist world, to their inside market (China and Russia just for example) and to the Middle East and to South America and to the North American continent. We are talking about 53 countries! Just imagine how big that is.
    Thatís why many of their products worked well in the tropical conditions.
    It would be like building a completely new fabric, need new investors to step in with big, big money to shrink production facilities feet into a new lower demand! Thatís exactly what Agfa understand so well so they just step out of it as Forte does now!
    And who would do that today as even the demand of inkjet products shrinking do to the new technology.
    Yes, you are correct. If the factory is the same size as it was in 1922...

http://www.forte-photo.net/e/history.htm

it would be difficult to consider small runs here.

I really liked Forte paper.

Barry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto View Post
    This really sucks. I just switched over to using Forte paper not to mention the fact it did lith so well. This is not good. Now what?

What is left?

Kentmere
    Ilford. Does Ilford Warmtone lith
    Foma

I am not mentioning repackaged stuff.
    There is also Efke as a 4th "survivor", and Fuji makes paper, too. Still, this is sad news.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    What other paper will lith print>? I was using Forte warmtone and polygrade V. What is another warmtone paper that will do lith?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What other paper will lith print>? I was using Forte warmtone and polygrade V. What is another warmtone paper that will do lith?
    Not as good as Forte but you have a lot's of testing to do ahead! As I have stated ealier somewhere when you learn one product really deep down and if its gone than your knowledge is gone too! Thats what happened with me on Agfa!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    Personally I have never used Forte film, its hard to find much of it here in Japan. But the little paper I have used was nice. I think over the next few years, the market should settle down. Probably Fuji, Ilford and a few other smaller companies will survive. Especially, those with smaller facilities that run film in smaller production runs. Lets support those that we can!

Gary
    We are only a few nowadays it's not gonna save everybody! Just looked this site It's droping of Ilford and Kodak! They representatives here are like hawks try to keep that little market left! I'm just supprised by the fact that Fuji is not here!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many people, including Dr Rudman, recommend Fomatone as an excellent lith paper.
    The camera is merely the means of capturing the image.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not as good as Forte but you have a lot's of testing to do ahead! As I have stated ealier somewhere when you learn one product really deep down and if its gone than your knowledge is gone too! Thats what happened with me on Agfa!
    This is getting pretty scary... I too went through that last year with Agfa, and that was a good lesson.

Shooter
    35mm
    We are only a few nowadays it's not gonna save everybody! Just looked this site It's droping of Ilford and Kodak! They representatives here are like hawks try to keep that little market left! I'm just supprised by the fact that Fuji is not here!
    I was always wondering about that, too because I use and mention about a lot of Fuji products, but that's not helping this site if Fuji is not a sponsor here.

But I'm almost convinced that Fuji and Ilford cannot be in the same market to compete each other without securing their ways to make enough profits first. If we customers jump on to either one and diss the other, that will be a tragedy, too. We need some balance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    I was always wondering about that, too because I use and mention about a lot of Fuji products, but that's not helping this site if Fuji is not a sponsor here.

But I'm almost convinced that Fuji and Ilford cannot be in the same market to compete each other without securing their ways to make enough profits first. If we customers jump on to either one and diss the other, that will be a tragedy, too. We need some balance.
    The ballance here is not to gone up to Ilford or Kodak or Fuji ( I tip Fuji and Kodak of those big ones as winner) it's like gone up to those like Efke to secure films on low price! Because if they dissaperes than you pay the prices of those and it's not sure you can afford it as I know many of you don't! A result of this that even less of using a film and more companies going to close! Ilford got a big financial problem too once and I'm not sure it's over but expencive thay are!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    If people would stop screwing around and talking about I like this or I like that and just buy the products then this wouldn't happen. But with all the talk and no one buying what can we expect. One box a year is not going to keep anyone in business.

If we don't buy products film will be gone in no time flat and we can only blame ourselves.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin