Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,636   Online: 694

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kevin-

I think most of us buy as much product as we can afford, in the time frame we will use it in. Not everyone here is a working professional who can make a $1000+ order for film or paper, multiple times a year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott is right. From JandC's sale, I bought several boxes of Polywarmtone and Nuance - it's more paper than I've ever had at one time, and I've been printing in a darkroom for almost 40 years. I buy what I can afford, when I can afford it.

I had begun to get good prints from the Polywarmtone, so I'm going to be sorry to see it go.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    Scott is right. From JandC's sale, I bought several boxes of Polywarmtone and Nuance - it's more paper than I've ever had at one time, and I've been printing in a darkroom for almost 40 years. I buy what I can afford, when I can afford it.

I had begun to get good prints from the Polywarmtone, so I'm going to be sorry to see it go.
    juan
    J&c is one of the company going to be directly effected by the Forte's production stop! Along many others!

Shooter
    Large Format
    First off I'll put this in the unconfirmed rumor category for the moment and hope that I am right. If some of the folks ffrom Fotoimpex and others that sell rebranded Forte film make any confirming posts then I will begin to mourn. Second, with all due respect to the possible truth of the original post, it is tough to swallow when I think of all the Forte film that is sold by others and rebranded as their own. Next, even if true it may not be the end of the world. It could be an opportunity for some of the other European film manufacturers to enter the sheet film market if they see a niche that can earn €'s that has become a void worth filling. Finally, while I have never used any of the films produced by Chinese companies I am willing to give them a chance.

I do hope I am not being overly optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto View Post
    What other paper will lith print>? I was using Forte warmtone and polygrade V. What is another warmtone paper that will do lith?
    Kevin
    The two best (remaining) lith papers are Kentona and Fomatone MG.

Multigrade warmtone will lith but is best developed normally, bleached and redeveloped in lith

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    First off I'll put this in the unconfirmed rumor category for the moment and hope that I am right. If some of the folks ffrom Fotoimpex and others that sell rebranded Forte film make any confirming posts then I will begin to mourn. Second, with all due respect to the possible truth of the original post, it is tough to swallow when I think of all the Forte film that is sold by others and rebranded as their own. Next, even if true it may not be the end of the world. It could be an opportunity for some of the other European film manufacturers to enter the sheet film market if they see a niche that can earn €'s that has become a void worth filling. Finally, while I have never used any of the films produced by Chinese companies I am willing to give them a chance.

I do hope I am not being overly optimistic.

First; who do you really think you are that you think they going or should to inform you? Second; they are all busy to repack low quality Russian or Chinese film in their boxes. Third; it never was their intention to tell you anything from the beginning!

Because you are as you sound and don't read things at all and you told me before that I'm on you ignore list! So why even bother?

This letter come to me from Forte and I advise you to read it! It had been published on the first page as the answer to Firecrocker

Dear xxxxxx.

To our greatest regret we have to advise you that the owners have come to the decision to stop the production of Forte photographic products by January 26th, 2007 definitely.

The factory established by George Eastman as a Kodak Factory in 1922, as well its successors have been manufacturing mainly black & white photo films and papers of superior/high quality especially with warm tone, in a very wide range.

During the past decade the demand for black & white photo products felt back drastically due to the fast technological development, that is confirmed even by the sales figures of your country.

The factory has been working with huge overcapacities, and on a large piece of ground, with uneconomical infrastructure resulting in continuous losses.

Considering the above, the long negotiations with several potential industrial investors have failed.

We thank you for your several years’/decades’ smooth and fruitful co-operation, and wish you good success in the future.

Best regards,

Béla Kummer, Gen. Manager László Varga, Com. Adviser Edit Stirling, Area Manager Attila Ollé,Area Manager
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 01-12-2007 at 08:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by uraniumnitrate View Post
    First; who do you really think you are that you think they going or should to inform you?
    Calm down. We might as well ask who you think you are, given that plenty of people with good connections (including importers, etc) have not received the same letter. No-one really wants to call you a liar, but any rational person would want at least one confirmation of a story like this. Let's hope you are the victim of a hoax, unlikely though it seems.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is very unfortunate and disappointing if correct as to the loss of another maker of photographic paper.

By the way uraniumnitrate, Ted Harris is a Contributing Editor for View Camera Magazine and a Forum Moderator at Large Format Photography Forum.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's disturbing but I agree we should calm down and wait for more confirmation. There's nothing on the Forte website about this but that doesn't mean much. I'm not running up my credit card balance this time like I did when the Ilford rumors started. The sky is not falling, you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    This is very unfortunate and disappointing if correct as to the loss of another maker of photographic paper.

By the way uraniumnitrate, Ted Harris is a Contributing Editor for View Camera Magazine and a Forum Moderator at Large Format Photography Forum.

Rich
    I don't care! He should have read the whole topic! And it doesn't matter who he is! The repacking never had any intentioner to play with open cards at all!
    And the letter from Forte to me is real with names and all! Than I must be somebody isn't it?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin