Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,714   Online: 801

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilfochrome in USA

Since Ilford USA went belly-up, Ilford/Harmon (UK) found a new distributor and has kept the supply pipeline for B&W product filled. What about Ilford Imaging Switzerland? This is a completely different company now, Simon and company have nothing to do with it. They produce the color product.

The usual sources for Ilfochrome papers (B&H, Calumet) inventory is drying up and showing back-order. Phone calls have produced no response other than they have no idea when or if they can get product. That's the problem with salesmen, they really don't know anything. The guy at B&H hinted that there might be a problem with the distribution but couldn't really say.

Ilford Imaging Switzerland website gives no hints that production might be stopped - it still lists as current production. I left an email query with them, will let you know if I get a reply.

Does anyone know the status of product in the USA?

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wynit is now the distributor of the Ilfochrome Products. They took over the distribution on 1/15/07.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received this reply from Ilford Imaging Switzerland this morning:

Good Morning,
    As of 1/15/07, Wynit Inc. has taken over the distribution of the Ilfochrome
    line of products. Your dealer can purchase the products directly from
    them. Their phone number is (800) 469-9648.

This is good news indeed - Wynit has done very well resctocking the B&W pipeline. They have not yet updated their website, that may be due in part to current availability of product to sell. Due to the time it takes to move marine containers from dry land in Europe to unloaded status in USA, it could take as long as 2 or 3 months to restock the pipeline. At least we will have product. I did not call Wynit to verify current stock levels as I am good for a couple of months. My concern was raised due to the dealers status.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have used Wynit for all my black and white purchases of Harmon and Ilford products since they took over distribution.
    These people are very professional and a pleasure to work with. I am thankful that they will be the go to people for the cibachrome*ilfochrome* product.
    Projections are very valuable for them to anticipate inventory. I urge all users of the product to consider this so that Wynit can compentently stock the ciba line for professional labs as well as home darkroom needs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin