Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,124   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sounds like uraniumnitrate.

Types like uraniumnitrate.

Could it be?
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I was thinking that Agfa was dead... So the coating unit is still alive? Why not coating APX, so?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    I was thinking that Agfa was dead... So the coating unit is still alive? Why not coating APX, so?
    It seems, as stated in several posts, that the former Agfa small "Research" coating line still exists, even though the large "production" coating line is gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    It seems, as stated in several posts, that the former Agfa small "Research" coating line still exists, even though the large "production" coating line is gone.
    Which, depending on the machine, may limit output to 4x5 or 8x10 maximum sheet size at about 1/10th the speed of production which was also about 10x wider. So, volumes will be very very low if even true.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Which, depending on the machine, may limit output to 4x5 or 8x10 maximum sheet size at about 1/10th the speed of production which was also about 10x wider. So, volumes will be very very low if even true.

PE
    Well, "small" is a relative term. I believe you, as well as other posters commented that the research "kettle" was 40L, and the production "kettle" at Agfa was 1000L. Don't know if this even relates to coating machine size.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fotokemikas IR Film (developed by Fotokemika engineers in the 90ies) with 820 nm and formerly distributed by Maco will probably be back in production at Fotokemika Nova´s in about 2-3 months and will be available from ADOX in Europe and from Freestyle in the US.
    Possibly also from Maco if they, once more, happen to change their mind, which I would very much welcome.

As far as our plans about revitalising "products which are similar in specs like products which used to be former Agfa products" are concerned, we are focussing on emulsioning and contract coating for the first years. The research coating lines are for reasearch only with low productivity and they are used for just this purpose right now, running in loops of 2 Meters. After all we work together with emulsionists who know what to do to recreate emulsions which are of a kind to make up products with very, very similar specs to what used to be known as MCC or APX. That´s what we aim for.
    If you are in doubt: Go and buy Agfa leftover stocks from Maco right now as long as supplies last. Then you have something 100% original, with an orange box and with the original logo on.

We are here for the time after that, won´t be able to put products out any time soon but love´d to keep products with similar specs in commerce for many years to come.

Regards from Berlin,

Mirko

(35 years old, dedicated to b&w photography and wanting to stay in business for at least 30 more years to come).
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 01-20-2007 at 06:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    Well, "small" is a relative term. I believe you, as well as other posters commented that the research "kettle" was 40L, and the production "kettle" at Agfa was 1000L. Don't know if this even relates to coating machine size.
    As far as I can remember, I have never commented on the kettle size of agfa equipment, as I don't know what it was. I could guess, and I might use a hypothetical example.

I can say that the research coater is as Mirko describes above because Kodak and Agfa both used similar small lab coaters, but Agfa used metric and Kodak used English measurements. The Kodak machine was probably quite a bit larger because it coated 10 - 100 ft lengths.

I want to comment for Mirko's sake. Making a coating on one of these machines does NOT guarantee that it will scale up to a large batch of emulsion or a large coating. Michael and Paula have seen that, I guess, from their work on Lodima paper.

PE

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM View Post
    Sounds like uraniumnitrate.
    Not really all that much. Both seem to be thinking in German while typing in English, but that's where the similarity ends.
    Types like uraniumnitrate.
    Far!! Too few!!! Exclamation marks!!!!
    Could it be?
    Isn't.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Mr (?) Schmalfuss, in all kindness and curiousity, do you represent someone, such as a producer or reseller? I've looked at your earlier posts and announcements and I can't really figure out if you just are very enthusiastic, a reseller/producer or both of them.
    Dear Jerevan,

Wolf Rainer Schmalfuss (WRSchmalfuss) is a german photographer with excellent direct contacts to Hartmut Schroeder, head of Maco (Stapelfeld, Germany). So his statements about Maco products are like official statements from Maco.
    Wolf Rainer Schmalfuss himself confirmed this in the german analog photo forum www.aphog.de last year.

Regards,
    Jana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ' MACO met co-operation with the strategic partner AGFA GEVAERT in Belgium/France the decision to pour a new ISO 100 infrared film with 850 Nanometers. This film is already in the testing practice, and will be introduced to the market in the course of the year 2007.'...................

................Sounds very good 2 me!!! This sensitivity out to 850NM is a done deal then? Is there a possibility of publishing some of the test results eventually?
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin