Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,287   Online: 870

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Long live Mirko !!!

Hope it works !! Doesn't someone in addition to the kettle need a coating machine ? Was there a miniature coating machine that Fotoimpex will use, too ?? I can't help it, images from the miniature workers in (the otherwise huge) Willy Wonka's chocolate factory come to my mind...:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jason, I thought that one in 97 was overturned?

Mike

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, 1982 and 97 was a long time ago.. Jason would you relive the story for some of the newcomers? I'm curious.

jan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Hope it works !! Doesn't someone in addition to the kettle need a coating machine ? Was there a miniature coating machine that Fotoimpex will use, too ?? I can't help it, images from the miniature workers in (the otherwise huge) Willy Wonka's chocolate factory come to my mind...:rolleyes:
    Umm... What use would the research kettle have been if they couldn't then coat the 40L of emulsion onto something? A certain phrase with 'Watson' springs to my mind

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now if they brought back Agfapan 25, that would be interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to make certain: my information is not that Photo Impex would start the production, but that the Agfa factory would start again on a smaller scale. Don't ask me exactly where and how, but that is what I understood. As far as I know, Photo Impex are solely retailers.
    To me this is interesting because an alternative to Forte seems to come up, though what was sold as their 400 ASA sheet film was never anything near to 400 ASA - I 'd say more in the region of 120.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Now if they brought back Agfapan 25, that would be interesting.
    YES! That would be a dream come true, as would the re-introduction of Scala. My life would be complete (almost).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Werth View Post
    I am not aware that Photo Impex has any "research line" - or to what are you referring by this term?
    I was thinking of this post

http://www.apug.org/forums/408873-post18.html

"What we are trying to do is running original recipes but on new, much smaller gear built in 2002-2004.
    The machines used are from the former agfa research departement which are basically a copy of the original larger machinery on miniature scale (40 liters)."

Now, rereading this, it sounds like they have the research emulsion equipment. What coating equipment seems to be less certain.

Even whether the project will work at all seems uncertain--the rumors are likely not helping.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    It is my understanding that they will be as close to the original as they can be, taking in to account the varables of smaller kettles, coaters, starting a new smaller line. and the tweakes to the recipe's that are needed because of that.

That is just my understanding. I was wrong once in 1982, and again in 1997, so I could be wrong here, as well.

It will be interesting to see what (and if) happens. It will also be interesting to see what the consumer reaction is. I can imagine that if FotoImpex were to put their labels on existing 35mm Agfa100 film, people would complain that it isn't the same.

Matt

By the way, I think you were wrong in 1998, not 1997...that makes this your mistake for 2007!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Werth View Post
    Just to make certain: my information is not that Photo Impex would start the production, but that the Agfa factory would start again on a smaller scale. Don't ask me exactly where and how, but that is what I understood. As far as I know, Photo Impex are solely retailers.
    To me this is interesting because an alternative to Forte seems to come up, though what was sold as their 400 ASA sheet film was never anything near to 400 ASA - I 'd say more in the region of 120.
    We can only hope.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin