Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,382   Online: 959

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I'd buy it. I always thought their MC Classic fiber was just about one of the best papers around.

Do you have a link to the German text?
    Hello Harry,

the original text is here: http://www.aphog.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=968 (a kind of german apug)
    You have to register before you can read ist.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmm well, actually even the German version forced us to do some heavy headscratching to find out what Hartmuth wants to tell us.

My personal interpretation is this:

- scientists are working on the redevelopment of MCC
    - investment is huge and thus Fotoimpex will be out of the game because financially more powerfull distributors are needed to back this up
    - or maybe not....but at least there will be more than one distributor
    - the announcement made by maco that the paper will be back on the shelves in march can be best described as a marketing bubble

Keeping in mind that this announcemend is made by a guy payed by maco (according to my informations at least) I sort of wonder what is going on here. Maybe he switched sides ?

Anyways. I am sorry to say that I can´t make any real usefull announcement today as there are no real news about the paper project available.

Tests are continuing and as other knowledgeable people on this forum have pointed out besides me: it takes time and we are far from beeing able to say we´re there yet.

Whoever will be involved in distribution is not really the topic of today, I think.
    Let´s make the paper first.

Regards to all,

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 01-23-2007 at 05:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX FOTOIMPEX View Post
    Hmm well, actually even the German version forced us to do some heavy headscratching to find out what Hartmuth wants to tell us.

My personal interpretation is this:

- scientists are working on the redevelopment of MCC
    - investment is huge and thus Fotoimpex will be out of the game because financially more powerfull distributors are needed to back this up
    Yes, the announcement seems to be directed against you. That is my interpretation also. However, if they had the millions that they are talking about, they could have saved the Agfa coating facility from demolition, which has begun this Monday.

I am disgusted.
    Last edited by Petzi; 01-23-2007 at 04:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This coating facility is not capable of making money, no matter who backs it. It is probably way too large and complex to make a small volume of paper.

The idea that coating facilities need to be capable of doing smaller runs of a greater number of products is a compelling one.

Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    Yes, the announcement seems to be directed against you. That is my interpretation also. However, if they had the millions that they are talking about, they could have saved the Agfa coating facility from demolition, which has begun this Monday.

I am disgusted.
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande View Post
    This coating facility is not capable of making money, no matter who backs it. It is probably way too large and complex to make a small volume of paper.
    I know how large it is, I have seen it. I did not mean to say they should use it for a small run of b/w paper.

Something weird is going on here.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Es macht mir sehr ungemutlich.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Es macht mir sehr ungemutlich.

PE
    Pretty much everything that is connected with the AgfaPhoto insolvency makes me feel uncomfortable. You could write a book about all the failings that occurred at every stage of the whole thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OTOH, if it all works out, es mir doch gewaltig!

PE

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    OTOH, if it all works out, es mir doch gewaltig!

PE
    Well Ron, since you're up on the German could you translate this for me. 'Sicht nicht fart benutzen'. Its written under the pop up top on my Westphalia camper. I couldn't translate it so I always went outside. Maybe it's Gaelic
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roughly, don't fart in the camper?

No, really it means one must not use this while moving.

PE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin