Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,077   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No offense, Art, but I really don't see what that "clarified," except that maybe Kodak execs know how to try to pacify customers who complain. What, for example, does "we [take?] all this feedback from consumers very seriously" mean?

I agree.

Art this isn't any different than the same line they shot my way after I sent an inquire letter and received an answer the tells me what they think I want to hear.

There is absolutely nothing new or clear here.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art's recent quote goes to prove Eastman Kodak's Corporate Affairs/Communications/Public Relations needs some major fixing. Regular clarification to a public ( a PR term for a specific audience which we are one of) is a symptom of a far bigger problem in the company's marketing, branding and dealing with the outside world in general.

Contrast that with Ilford with Simon Galley actively participating on APUG and if you look on Ilford's website, there is a page for news, you don't see that on the Kodak sites. To go deeper Ilford knows what it is all about as a company and articulates it in a clear, concise manner.

What is the result, photographers have the awarness that Ilford's around for the long haul and will be more pre-disposed to buy Ilford products to support their business/hobby.

Kodak should be a case study for a marketing communications/public relations class on how not to communicate with all their publics.

Bill
    Last edited by Uncle Bill; 01-25-2007 at 07:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Kodak should be a case study for a marketing communications/public relations class on how not to communicate with all their publics.
    Bill
    Agreed. When they have to say that their boss's comments were taken out of context, you know they are fighting a forest fire with a hand fire extinguisher.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Forget Kodak. They are not with us anymore. Buy from who are.
    sergio caetano

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, big cooperates speaks politically correct and thereby say nothing.
    As long as there's good products coming out from Kodak and there is, it is unfair to say that they don't exist anymore. The customer dialog does not exist but did it ever?

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys slay me. Too funny.

Explain to me why the head or any executives of a huge multinational like Kodak should even bother with us? We're 18,000 (max-possible) film users out of tens of millions, maybe less than 1% of all potential film users - and hostile to Kodak at that. So why would they feel welcome here?

Reading all these posts, I certainly could see why they would think APUG is a place for anti-Kodak zealots.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 01-25-2007 at 11:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    and hostile to Kodak at that.
    Take it back, Art! I love Kodak! The day Tri-X dies is the day I put my cameras away. Sanders.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't do that Sanders! We need your art here at APUG
    But, i agree we can't let Tri-X die... and other great Kodak products. (Analog)

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    You guys slay me. Too funny.

Explain to me why the head or any executives of a huge multinational like Kodak should even bother with us? We're 18,000 (max-possible) film users out of tens of millions, maybe less than 1% of all potential film users - and hostile to Kodak at that. So why would they feel welcome here?

Reading all these posts, I certainly could see why they would think APUG is a place for anti-Kodak zealots.

Regards, Art.
    I definitely agree with that assessment. Some (outside APUG) might even consider APUG the radical fringe, so why would a company put itself, or one of its' employees, in the line of possible attack?

All fine and good to support Ilford, and I do use lots of HP5+, but last I checked Ilford do not make any colour films. It does often seem that APUG is heavily B/W films biased, but there are fewer colour films companies than B/W films companies. Shouldn't we support continued production of colour films?

There is also the somewhat invisible side of Kodak and Fuji. Both companies place ads in PDN (Photo District News) and a few other publications for their film products. Yes, both have largely abandoned Pop Photo and similar publications, but those more consumer magazines are more biased to computer users with cameras. Another realm many amateurs never see is that both Kodak and Fuji have teams of people visiting pro labs around the US. There have been many times I got samples of films from these reps, and was given product literature with information on new products. This is not traditional advertising, and not geared towards consumers, but it shows that both companies are still marketing their colour films, especially transparency films.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBremerhaven View Post
    I definitely agree with that assessment. Some (outside APUG) might even consider APUG the radical fringe, so why would a company put itself, or one of its' employees, in the line of possible attack?

All fine and good to support Ilford, and I do use lots of HP5+, but last I checked Ilford do not make any colour films. It does often seem that APUG is heavily B/W films biased, but there are fewer colour films companies than B/W films companies. Shouldn't we support continued production of colour films?

There is also the somewhat invisible side of Kodak and Fuji. Both companies place ads in PDN (Photo District News) and a few other publications for their film products. Yes, both have largely abandoned Pop Photo and similar publications, but those more consumer magazines are more biased to computer users with cameras. Another realm many amateurs never see is that both Kodak and Fuji have teams of people visiting pro labs around the US. There have been many times I got samples of films from these reps, and was given product literature with information on new products. This is not traditional advertising, and not geared towards consumers, but it shows that both companies are still marketing their colour films, especially transparency films.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

I agree with Gordon who agrees with Art.

Sometimes I think folk here actually want Kodak to cease making film just so they can say: "See, I told you so!".

The problem with that is that it is really just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Other than perhaps "closure", exactly in what way will film photographers benefit if Kodak does give up traditional photography?

DISCLAMER: No, I don't work for them, don't own stock in them and while I use their products, I use the products of other manufacturers also.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin