Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,022   Online: 866

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Clarification

Through one of my many contacts, here's a quote I received via e-mail from a fairly high level executive in Kodak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak
    I was asked to respond to your inquiry, since I am familiar with the issues you raise and would make a couple of key points.

First Antonio Perez has heard from many people like you who are loyal film photographers -- both consumers and professionals. Kodak continues to offer the widest lineup of films and we continue to invest in the business -- as evidenced by the fact that a number of products carry "new and improved" labels because of our investment. We will continue to respond to the market and that market remains an attractive one, even as we reduce costs and cut back production in the face of the reality of lower demand for our traditional products.

Regarding the statement correctly attributed to Mr. Perez, it obviously has been taken out of context. Today, in fact, Kodak is a heavily digital company, as revenues in these businesses, both consumer and professional, now surpass our traditional photo business. But in many ways, the businesses are also complementary and do work closely together. Mr. Perez was simply reflecting the need to move into businesses that are growing, and we have obviously been successful in doing so.

Again, many thanks for your comments. You can be assured that we all this feedback from consumers very seriously.
    Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wow, A personal reply from the great yellow godfather...cool!

Good to see this kind of thing. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by BradS; 01-24-2007 at 04:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, Kodak is subscribing to APUG! Who knew?

That's really good news, thanks a million for posting this, Art.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Wow, Kodak is subscribing to APUG! Who knew?

That's really good news, thanks a million for posting this, Art.
    I don't know how closely they follow APUG, but over on filmshooting.com, which caters to Super-8 and other small gauge cine shooters, they have a representative--John Pytlak--who is active, answers questions, and fields product requests in the way Simon Galley does for Ilford here. Kodak also takes out full page ads in small magazines like _Super-8 Today_. It would be nice if there was someone from the still film side at Kodak who could play a similar role on APUG.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 01-25-2007 at 05:06 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No offense, Art, but I really don't see what that "clarified," except that maybe Kodak execs know how to try to pacify customers who complain. What, for example, does "we [take?] all this feedback from consumers very seriously" mean?
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm guessing that they appreciate the feedback, but it needs to be reflected in sales for the products to continue on in the long haul.

Shooter
    35mm
    "-- as evidenced by the fact that a number of products carry "new and improved" labels because of our investment. "

So they've invested in some new packaging designs? Wow, that makes me feel so much better!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jerry,

There are new and improved products inside that packaging. And they do continue to produce the widest range of film.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That 'new and improved' includes 2 electron sensitization which has given another 10 years of life to motion picture by ratcheting up quality a notch against digital. It took that many years of research as well to get it out there.

I might add that Kodak is advertizing and sponsoring a Portra contest over on PN (or they were a few weeks back when last I saw it).

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I don't know how closely they follow APUG, but over on filmshooting.com, which caters to Super-8 and other small gauge cine shooters, they have a representative--John Pytlak--who is active, answers questions, and fields product requests in the way Simon Galley does for Ilford here. Kodak also takes out full page ads in small magazines like _Super-8 Today_. It would be nice if there was someone from the still film side at Kodak who could play a similar role on APUG.
    Well, it looks like somebody has now an assignment... Sean?
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 01-25-2007 at 05:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo in my own quote.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin